Having severe cramps i my buttocks

Posted , 2 users are following.

November had hip surgery in 2016 , went very well,in march 2017 had left hip replacement. It's been over six weeks and having severe cramps in my buttocks, I am walking every day and can't get the cramps to let off. Are they anyone having severe cramp problems . Thanks Larry

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Dear Larry

I get leg cramp and my doctor put me on quinine tablets which has stopped the problem. It would be interesting to hear if they solve your problem.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Dear Larry

It was virtually straight away. The alternative is to drink Indian tonic water as that has quinine in it too.

Best of luck and do post how it worked for you.

Cheers Richard

• Posted

Richardken! Hope you are doing good today. I was just thinking, it's nice to know how many friends you do have that you never met. When you are down and out and in pain ,they are people out there just like you that can help you get through life. Thanks so much Larry

• Posted

Dear Larry

Yes you are right, it caan feel very lonely when you are struggling to recove lost mobility especially if you live alone.   BTW if you click on y profile you will find out more about me.  Very few people seem to have completed ther profiles but it is something I tend to check before replying.

Please keep me posted re the cramp.

Cheers

Richard

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.