Having sex after front and back prolapse repair, advice ??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello I had front and back prolapse repair 6 and half weeks ago and last night me and my fiancé tried to have sex after a LONG wait ! Well I think I assumed it would hurt and I panicked and have been since having the opp as before we were very close a lot of the time, I'm only 30 so having the operation so young has knocked my confidence a lot also having a traumatic birth with my son didn't help !

But it seams I've been stitched quite well at woth the front prolapse as after trying for ages we couldn't get any more than half inside and trying seamed as if it just wouldn't go anymore and then I would panic we were doing damage :-/

Anyway apart from a little stinging pain at the entrance it was ok but now if we decide to try again in a few days what advice would you have please X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello Patricia. It's ok to have sex anytime after 6 weeks but you have to take things slowly so trying again in a few days is a good idea. You could still be a bit swollen but you definitely won't have done any damage. 
  • Posted

Hi love, I was very scared after the hystorectomy and have now had an A&P  done so more scared than anything.

after the vaginal hystorectomy you can feel all the stiches the first few times were awful for my fella, as I was like a stuffed doll pardon the pun, and a nurse said to me me go to a supermarket and get some lubricant and we did it was the best thing I did, slowly things started to get back to normal.

now the poor sod is waiting again lol 4 weeks post operation Monday

• Posted

Dear Patricia

There is a great guide from a US Physio group about what positions are good, and which ones to avoid following pelvic surgery and with existing pelvic conditions - you might find this helpful. Google Successful Sex Positions for Medical Conditions, courtesy of Renew Physical Therapy, New York. With this guide you can identify your condition and cross reference it with recommended sexual positions as well as sexual positions to avoid. I hope you and other women find this information useful, I know that I found it very informative because it's scary territory. We just don't want to make a mistake do we! Reproduced Renew Physical Therapy guidance with permission.

Hope this helps

S

PS I have not posted a direct link as I'm not sure the moderator would approve.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.