Having sleep issues-trazodone doseage, need advice

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’m having sleep issues. I take 125 mg of nortriptyline and 25 or 50 mg if trazodone. I just had a baby and I’m unable to fall asleep now. I was thinking of 1. Taking the 125 mg of nortriptyline and bumping the traz to 125 mg or 2. Taking 125 mg of nortriptyline 50 mg of traz and a unisom. I’m not seeing my shrink till Monday and really need to get through these next few days. She told me over the phone I can play w trazodone levels. I’m nervous to up it and then it not working as silly as that sounds. 

Would love any advice. Thanks! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It should be fine to up your trazadone, especially if your psych has already said you can play with it a bit.

I was taking 300mg trazadone at night to help me sleep.

• Posted

Thanks. I did 125 mg last night plus nortriptyline and it seemed to work. Def feel groggy but hopefully that will pass. Are you still on traz? 
    • Posted

No, I've just weaned myself off of them. Having the opposite problem at the moment in that I can't stop sleeping lol!

• Posted

Do you think increasing my traz dose will help me stay asleep longer? Falling asleep has been good but I’m waking up and not being able to fall back asleep. 
    • Posted

Quite possibly. It's definitely worth talking to your shrink about tomorrow 😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.