Having Staples Removed following thr

Posted , 8 users are following.

13 days post op and what a difference;  I feel clear headed now my medication is sorted, i am taking Ibrubfen and Paracetamol only,  I am up , making bed, did ironing today once my husband had made me safe and secure!!!  have been for a short outside stroll and climbing stairs with ease;

My question is regarding the staples removal, the nurse is supposed to be taking them out today.....  does it hurt ?  will I have to keep my wound covered and will my leg that is only slightly swollen reduce back to normal now ........  any help would be appreciated thanks

2 likes, 20 replies

20 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I didn't find they hurt at all, but I did need a dressing on, I had spasms and asked the nurse if they would pull it open lol, and no they didn't lol, but if your not sure , ask.
  • Posted

Hi, Polly! Did you have posterior? Son's top & bottom staples stung. They put on steri-strips. Then, as he looked alarmed, a light dressing. He still has swelling on that side after 7 weeks. He's concerned that he can only fit comfortably into one pair of jeans. (He's 30 years old.)

BTW, welcome to this forum - folks here are very helpful!

• Posted

yes I did have posterior.   My wound is really clean and the bruising has started to dissapear, swelling going down nicely all by day 13,  I am very happy with my progress now.  has he tried ice packs to help with swelling, 
    • Posted

Am so glad to hear all is going well for you - well done xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.