Having stitches out after cateract removal

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi all, new to this forum am on another for PMR. I had cateract removed 2wks ago after waiting 6days on waiting list(amazing i thought at the time) i live in UK. During Op i had a dropped Nucleus and had to go back again next day to sought it out, after being on table for 1hr 20mins i insisted on a general. After coming out i felt sick and dizzy and took to my bed for a week (normally i am very active) the drops were like puttin a red hot poker in your eye and when i read they make you sick and dizzy and not having a lot of success puttin them in anyway i stopped them, i have seen the consultant and she didnt seem to notice, just said carry on with the drops ha ha. My eye is still very red and very sore but she said i was doing ok and have to have a stitch out maybe in 3wks if i survive that long, please someone tell me it doesnt hurt i want the truth and to know what to expect. I am not having the other eye done should a cateract appear. Thanks in anticipation

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am very sorry to hear how much difficulty you have been in.  I would urge you to consult an ophthalmologist about the drops.  If they sting when you put them in, pressing against your tear ducts while and after applying may help.  If they are causing a large-scale reaction, not just in your eyes, you need to consult to find out why and try alternatives.  The drops may be to reduce inflammation and pain in the eye, reduce intraocular pressure, and prevent an infection.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.