Having surgery for heel spur removal/ plantar fasciitis tendon release

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve had severe unrelenting heel pain for about a year now. I’ve tried about every conservative treatment I know of to include PT- stretching exercises, ice (rolling on frozen bottle), spent a fortune on good shoes with inserts, boot at night, steroid injections... 

My job requires standing and walking for hours at a time. 

I’m going forward with surgery as I feel I’m out of options and frankly can’t stand this pain any longer. 

I’d love to hear from anyone who has had the surgery. What treatments did you try before surgery? How long did you wait before having surgery? How bad was the recovery? For how long were you down? Most importantly would you do it again? 

Thank-you for any input you may offer! 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Am following this, ive had pf for so long without knowing what it was its now progressed to plantar fasciocis and i can do no more on my feet than my current job which is 3 hours a day. Am miserable to say the least... i feel for you lucy!
    • Posted

I’m so sorry that you’re dealing with this too! I’m hoping to get some positive feedback regarding surgery.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.