Having surgery next month on a tear of my achilles tendon.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I injured this tendon at work. So this is a work comp case. Looking for discussion with others that have been through this.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have just had surgery on my achellies tendon, I had a lump on my heel, that has been removed, a bursa removed and the damage to the tendon fixed.. I am week 5, still in plaster. I was in a great deal of pain due to tendonitis. If I can help you, I will ..
    • Posted

Did you get a knee scooter? My fear is being off my feet for 6 weeks. I just can't imagine staying on my beind that long.
    • Posted

No, I had a Zimmer frame and hopped everywhere, but most people manage very well with crutches. I also hired a wheel chair for going out. However you won't need one with crutches,
  • Posted

have a look on my discussion if you like. got a weekly update for 12 weeks so far
    • Posted

Hey James, I would love to read your discussion. I am very new and am not sure how to.
  • Posted

Hey Sofarings, see my discussion page i have been adding to it over the past year. Good luck in recovery, im sad to say its a long process but we all get through in the end!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.