Having surgery on wednesday

Posted , 8 users are following.

Firstly. I'm so glad I found this forum. Secondly I feel so ill prepared. I have surgery Wednesday and the doctor didn't tell me anything to prep for this surgury. I'm 26 and a mom of 3 and I've been dealing with these assroids (we've named them arod so it isn't uncomfortable to discuss with my husband) for years. They got so bad a few months ago I finally seen a doctor who said it was either surgery or just live with it. 

I have surgery set for this Wednesday coming up. And my doctor told me I would likely be mostly back to normal by the second week. But from reading this forum I think I might be in over my head. I have a formal function to attend exactly 16 days after surgery. It's mandatory. But after reading these forum, I feel like I may cancel until after the holidays. 

I guess I'm looking for someone to say, I will be able to put on a dress and heels and comfortably attend a gala, 16 days after surgery?! Not to mention I have to car for my 3 kids (who are all under 5 years old) by day 6 post op as my husband can only take off 5 days from work. Should I reschedule?

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

If you are having a haemoroidectomy you will need more than 2 weeks to recover. Reschedule. I Know!

You need to prep for this by having fish,chicken, for a couple of days before. Look it up on internet.Best Wishes.

• Posted

One other thing that will help enormously when you have had the op is a sitz bath. A life saver! They sell them on Amazon. This was my best friend for quite a while!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.