Having symptoms for 1 week, can it be a neurological disorder?(age 15)

Posted , 2 users are following.

First of all, i have health anxiety. This quarentine messed up my mental health, but this time im not really sure if i have something or not. around a week ago, i removed my wisdom teeth, and I had a not too serious complication that led me to a very anxious state. i dont know if this was caused by anxiety, but my right hand started to feel paresthetic. at that point, I wasnt caring so much. two days ago, i started to be VERY anxious about it, and started to make some maneuveurs in my hand to try to discover what i could have. my thumb muscle started to feel painful and then, suddenly, my right forefoot next to the fingers had a numbness sensation (it feels like if someone have put a object inside my forefoot) and I felt a discomfort just below the knee. since a few days ago, walking seems strange and the movement of my toes is also strange. the numbness varies during the day, and in some positions it is less. my hand is no longer paresthetic, but my thumb is still a little sore. Since yesterday i am having twitches all over my body, but mainly in my right leg and foot. i think it may be caused by excessive use of my muscles, since i am lifting my leg/toes much more now (because of my fear of really losing control over them.). the twicthing occur a bit after forcing leg/foot muscles, when i am on rest. also my left leg looks stronger than the other(i am right handed) but it is that way for at least 10 months. should i worry or could this be just anxiety? thank you very much for reading this and any answer is appreciated.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, i think any health worries need addressing by a doctor, have you talked to your mum or dad or an adult who is sensible? When you have health anxiety all your physical sensations can become magnified as you pay more attention to yourself. Try and learn some anxiety management strategies, relaxation, distraction, limit the time you spend thinking about your symptoms and challenge your thinking, make sure you arent scaring yourself with the worst case scenarios. if the symptoms persist make sure you talk to a medical professional who can either reassure you or arrange tests to clarify the situation.

lockdown has given lots of us more time to think, and for some of us that means worrying more. please dont keep your worries to yourself, check them out with real people. anxiety itself causes weird physical sensations so maybe trying some breathing exercises or relaxation methods may help.

i understand the places your mind can go when you get seemingly unexplained symptoms, having spent most of the last 3 months with increasingly strange neurological symptoms. i am getting lots of tests done but the most likely explanation is vitamin b12 deficiency, which can be treated effectively, so not all odd symptoms mean awful things, that hasnt stopped me scaring myself with every neurological disorder under the sun!

Share your fears with someone you trust and if you need to, get yourself checked out.

take care. hopefully the vaccine will mean we can get back to a more normal existence, till then, dont let the scary stuff overwhelm you. best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.