Having tail bone pain when I sit

Posted , 4 users are following.

Anytime I am sitting weather it's a hard surface or a soft one I can feel pressure and discomfort on my tail bone and its worst on hard surfaces.... It is painful when I get up and hurts worst as I take pressure off when getting up.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Likewise, I slipped and fell on a hard tile floor right on my tail, about 4 years ago. From that moment on I have had the same feelings you describe. It persists for 4 years now!! Originally, an xray showed my tail bone was had slightly cracked. it was a tiny fracture even though it felt like it broke in half. So after 4 years the pain and discomfort persists. I didnt get it re-examined, but I know it never healed properly, whihc is why the pain is still there. I suppose my suggestion is to simply live with it, like I've had to. But you adjust, shifting around to find the most comfy position.

• Posted

I have the same problem, after long periods of time, when I get up there's intense pain on my tailbone.

It could be a cause of sitting in a car for too long on in uncomfortable chairs. Would be great to find a way to at least prevent the pain though!

• Posted

oh god the pain of this is so unreal lolĀ 

you just have to stand up if possible and try to move your body more, try not to stay in the same position maybe contact gp if it continues just try to keep moving!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.