Having trouble weight bearing

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a accident 4 months ago,broke my femur and tibia. Rehab is saying I should be full weight bearing and starting to walk on my own.My ankle wasn't damaged but it will not bend and that is where I am having all my pain.I'm scared I'm not going to be able to walk on my own

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Have you tried explaining this to them. Speak to your physio and ask for advise. 

Good luck x

• Posted

Hi I broke my Distal Femur in 2017 but I was 68 then but I still limp I have had all the metal work out as I have osteoarthritis and will be having a total knee replacement this year sometime the Femur has fragments of bone everywhere but I did not weight beat for over 4 months and weightbearing if you are allowed hells the bone to heal I walk with a walker and had months of physio too it depends on how bad the break was my break was extremely bad 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.