Having trouble with left eye seeing darker and more blurry than my right eye.

Posted , 6 users are following.

So I am 30 years old and about 2 weeks ago I started noticing that my vision was off. Also my balance. When I close my left eye I see perfect but when I close my right eye my vision is darker and more blurry. I work in a cabinet supply store so I thought maybe a piece of wood flew in and splintered my eye but it doesn't hurt or itch. There are times when I look up and it aches then the headaches start but i really don't know what it is. Should I see an optometrist or a doctor?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

you probably know the answer to your question... go see an ophthalmologist (doctor) and dont wait too long!!

• Posted

Totally agree with Dutcheyes. Go see a professional who will be able to look at your eyes thoroughly. Eyes are precious,so dont delay.

• Posted

I would recommend you see your general practitioner first. S/he will know if you need to be referred to or an ophthalmologist for further evaluation.

• Posted

With all due respect.... I believe, there is, in my eyes, no reason to first see a GP. What is Asma1989 going to do if the GP says... nah, no reason to see an ophthalmologist? No reason to delay that visit to the eye doc IMHO

• Posted

None of us know which country asma is in so I can only speak about the protocol in UK. Personally I would make an appointment with my GP and also try to get an appointment with an optician ASAP.Either can refer to Ophthalmology. In UK we cant refer ourselves to an ophthalmology consultant directly,although we can attend A/E and be referred from there.

asma may be in a country where she/he has to pay for any medical service. I wonder if he/she would let us know. I suspect its not UK as the term optometrist has been mentioned. We dont usually call opticians optometrist in UK.

• Posted

I am a dude and in the US. After seeing the first post by dutcheyes i called to see if I could get an appointment for next week with an opthalmologist and since I am going to pay out of pocket, I need to get paid first. But thank y'all for the advice and Ill find out next week what the issue is... hopefully.

• Posted

Marina/mcgj,

I see your point and I understand your comment regarding "sequence of events". Now that we know that Asma1989 is from the US (where I live as well) he indeed does have the option between going to GP, Optometrist/Optician, or Ophthalmologist. Depending on the kind of health insurance one has one might need a referal to see the latter. In the absence of health insurance (or if you do not want to use it) you can go straight to the ophthalmologist and pay out of pocket.

Asma,

I hope all works out well for you. Your eyes are precious, take good care of them !!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.