having tumor remove soon

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi I am Samuel I am 19 this year

i have NF1

I will be having my nerve tumor removal on my shin in 2 weeks they suspect is a MPNST. Would be a 2 hour surgery. And I will be on bed rest for 2 days. I won't be given a catheter but will be given a bed urinal but I have bladder shyness. As I am in a open ward (around 6 in a room).told them  I don't mind inserting it under cause of my shy bladder but they don't want. Told me to relax and i can be able to pee

Any tips for using a urinal in bed for bladder shy person?

The only thing I worried about is I can't urine and they need to insert it when I am awake 

Also I am always prone to constipation told them that also told me I will be giving enema most likely is I am constipated cause of my constipation history

Anyway not to get constipated ?

Thanks 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry to hear at your young age you are going through all this . hospitals always give you something for constipation , otherwise you can try the old remedy of breaking a tiny piece of soap and insert it in your anus ,you will soon feel a mild irritation and then you'll be stimulated to do it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.