Having weird eye problem for few weeks now and getting worried

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started of minor and I barely noticed the pain above my eye area around the eyebrows and close to the nose bridge. The pain will always go away whenever I sleep and when I wake up it's fine but it's always later on the pain will randomly appear again until I sleep like a cycle. Days and weeks went by as I thought it'll go away like a headache but it's still doing the exact same thing. It feels like a bruise around that area above my eyes but visually there is nothing, no bruise, no red eyes or anything. There feels like its a bit more bumpy then the other side but barely can feel the difference. It hurts constantly like a bruise and hurts more when pushed on.

I've tried researching what it is but I still can't find what it is so I'm not sure how to treat it. I know most will say just go to the GP but it'll take awhile and I want to know ASAP.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

And its only my right eye area, left is fine. 
  • Posted

Sounds like sinusitis. Try taking Ibuprofen for a week and  using a bland/salty nasal spray from your chemist.....loads to choose from.     Dont get a nasal spray with a pain killer in it if you are taking a pain killer as well., If this doesnt make any difference after a week then you need to see your GP.  You may need antibiotics or other treatment.
    • Posted

I'm starting to use Ibuprofen and it helps with the pain but my nose is not blocked or anything, so do I still need nasal spray? also I've search Sinusitis and I only have the pain part of it but nothing with the nose congestion. Is it something else as I don't have the blocked nose part? 

• Posted

I have re read your original post. As this goes away at night could it be related to some sort of eye strain? When did you last have your eyes tested? You dont say how old you are but if you have never worn glasses or had your eyes tested,then now is a good time to start.  It will also help your GP with a diagnosis if he can rule out eye problems. It may be something very simple. 

Also i see you have had this for "weeks".  Anything that goes on for this long needs attention. Make an appointment with your optician and also GP.  Continue with the Ibuprofen if it helps but DONT take it for more than a week. If Ibuprofen doesnt help after taking it for a week,let your GP know....it will also help with a diagnosis.

• Posted

I wear glasses already and I'm 22 but I haven't had them tested for maybe 2-3 years or so, also means no new glasses. It's now been 3-4days I've been taking 200mg Ibuprofen once every 12hours and the pain is almost completely gone even when I push against the spot that felt like a bruise, should I still go to the GP? and should I keep taking Ibuprofen 7days? Thanks for the help. 

• Posted

Take it for 7 days and no more.   Then wait to see if the pain returns. That is a very low dose of Ibuprofen you are taking,but if it helps then great.  If the pain returns at any time,dont take any more Ibuprofen,see your doctor.
    • Posted

Ok, I'll see how it goes then, and I'm taking low dose as I'm also taking Methotrexate once a week and Folic acid Tablets once a week for my Eczema and not sure if Ibuprofen can affect it, most likely not but don't want to risk anything without knowledge and don't want to take too many tablets weekly just seems bad to me as they all probably have side effects.

• Posted

If you are taking methotrexate then definitely be careful with the Ibuprofen and definitely no more than 7 days.  DONT start the Ibuprofen again if the pain returns.  Go to your GP. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.