hawthorn, thornapple - anyone tried this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone, I received Hawthorn drops from my doctor here in Switzerland to try and help me with my "nervous heart" as she called it. I have GAD and Panic Disorder and my main problem is fear for my heart. I get the tight chest, extra beat/palp, and feel like I am going to have a heart attack when my fear takes over. 

I have the option of taking beta blockers, but doc suggested to try these drops first.

Anyone else have them and can share your experience?

Many thanks!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have bad heart palpitations almost everyday that last almost all day. Then my anxiety acts up. Now I've started feeling flu-like symptoms later after the heart palpitations. I feel horrible.
    • Posted

Both yesterday and today! Hate it! It's horrible! Hope your ok Hun xx
    • Posted

I'm feeling better today, thank God. My depression is really bad and my anxiety is trying to act up. It's so pretty outside and I'm stuck in this house. I may try to get out today. My menstrual cycle is coming and I'm always worse then. Sorry you have those symptoms. Do the flu symptoms make you feel like you have no energy and like you're coming down with something? What do you take for your anxiety?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.