HBOT Therapy/Oxygen Concentrator

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've currently just finished a 20 session course of Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy which I had some really positive results, I have been recomended to now do weekly sessions,the only problem is the Clinic is a hour and a half away. Which I couldn't always find someone to take me and the drive would knacker me out.

Anyhow we have purchased a home Oxygen concentrator and was just wondering if anyone else has one or tried it.

Thank you

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carla; thankyou for starting this conversation, as I have read re this treatment and have often wondered if it was worth it/are there positive results. It  does make sense for transferring oxygen into our cells, if as the research states that this is one of our issues (not enough oxygen transferrance).   If you have positive results, and have purchased an home Oxygen Concentrator, then it sounds as if your answer is a positive one: was it expensive to buy?   The fact that you have had a  positive response, can you tell me " in what way do you feel the positive response"?    For me to go through similar therapy, I too, would have to travel a good hour +, which as we all know would require another driver for me, and hate the thought of undergoing another "trial" if not the answer for myself?   I would much appreciate more information from someone who has taken this step, if you don't mind giving same?   Thankyou in anticipation.....................Bronwink

• Posted

Sorry only just had a chance to log on, I was lucky enough to be referred to the Kent MS clinic in Canterbury for the Hyperbaric Therapy.

After around 8-10 sessions I noticed that my pain and headaches were definitely reduced. One of the biggest factors was my Gerd Acid Reflux I was at one time having to take Omeprazole daily but in the 5 weeks since I have been having the Oxygen I can count on one hand the tablets I have taken. 

My husband reckons the biggest improvement is that I am talking so much more and can hold more of a conversation.

I purchased a pre owned Inogen One G2 from the Oxygen Store and got the VAT off, iit was still over a thousand pounds but I'm lucky enough to be able to afford one. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Carla, that sounds so wonderful - really happy to hear this is a success.  Where do you live please - did you have to fund this yourself and could you tell me where you purchased your oxygen concentrator?

It's really uplifting toread of something which has been tried and found to work!

stay well, regards, Peta

• Posted

I live in East Sussex and I was lucky enough to be referred to the Kent MS clinic in Canterbury for the Hyperbaric Therapy it was referred through a private Hydro Pool Therapist that I had been going to, my Local GP didn't seem to know anything about it. The Therapy is £270 for 20 sessions and then £15 per one hour session afterwards. They recomennd one - two sessions a week. That is why I purchased the Oxygen concentrator for booster sessions in between. I purchased a pre owned Inogen One G2 from the Oxygen Store.

Hope this helps

• Posted

I'm so glad you posted this Carla! I've been looking into them but the price puts me off. Hearing about your positive experience is encouraging me to keep finding out more.

Can you tell us how exactly it helps; how are symptoms improved etc?

And also what kind of machine did you buy? I mean, do you need to get a really expensive one or do cheaper ones work as well?

• Posted

Sorry I didn't read the other comments before I posted and you've answered my questions.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.