HBP?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, it's me again. I've had a really good last couple days but you know how it is.

Recently I've been worrying constantly about my BP. The last times they checked it was a little high. But recently it was at 123/76. Which is good, nothing to worry about. The last times I think they were high because I was really nervous and my heart rate jumped to like 98 BPm. It usually sits at around 73. Before all of my anxiety started my BP was a good 120/70. But since I am anxious all the time I can never get a good reading. Everytime I go to the doctor he doesn't seem to worry and says it's probably Cuz im nervous and on edge. Which I agree but I don't know sometimes. Yesterday I went for the lightest Jog and I was feeling really good. But after I got this random head pain and it wasn't like bad. It was just there and it agitated me so much I got panicky and felt like my head was about to burst. But it went away like in a couple of minutes. Then I started thinking maybe my BP shot up. Maybe my BP is causing all these muscle strains and chest pain. All these headaches. I did a terrible thing and went online and searched stuff about BP. And now im worried about it. I don't think I have HBP. I started eating pretty healthy. Walking jogging everyday. Like I said before this I was very active. Has anyone else gone through this fear of BP? Sorry if I've been posting a bit. This site just gives me reassurance when I need it.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

YOur BP is really good..Dont worry..Mine is 120/70 and Im 67 and doc says I have a bp of a healthy teen.. Try not o worry about your BP..Its great..
  • Posted

I have a fear of my pulse and BP so I don't take them at home. When I get nervous at Dr mine goes up too.

• Posted

Your blood pressure is beautiful! Thats most people goals not worries.
  • Posted

Thanks guys, I just don't know why I tend to overthink it. Maybe Cuz when I went to get my heart Echo, my BP was at 148/78. And he said it was a tad high. But my echo was normal. Then I got my BP checked again a week later and it was at 123/76. So now it worries me. Smh.

• Posted

When you have high blood pressure your body doesnthave the capacity to bring it back down. Same with pulse. That's why blood pressure medicine is only prescribed after several days of high blood pressure. But for extra reassurance take your blood pressure when you think something is going o n.

• Posted

When I have a panic attack mine has gone up to 171/108 so know that your Dr is right it was only a tad high
  • Posted

Mine used to be generally 149/90 when I was in my unhealthier days.. After my son I dropped 70 lbs and now its generally 120s/90s.. Our body's have a way of working things out. It is common and normal for your BP and HR to shoot up when youre nervous, excited or excersising.. I went into the ER one time with my blood pressure at 169/101 and went down a short while later.. You're absolutely fine. Don't read anything online except for BP and anxiety.. Things have a way of reassuring you when you add anxiety to your search because these symptoms are all so common. Lucky us! Lol

• Posted

Anxiety always makes the pulse faster, and often the BP soar. My normal 60-65 heart rate is 98, and my blood pressure is really high.

Do the stuff you know how to do now, and don't start believing again the horror stories anxiety puts out. You know better now, Swaggdalu. Take your mind back. Tell these thoughts to shut up and get lost. You know the drill.

You probably know eough now to come here and start helping others with what you know. I did that. Once I got the help i needed here and learned by following lots of posts, I found that coupled with my years as a counselor....I can help. Think about it.wink

• Posted

Thanks guys, yall have no idea how much this helps. I really appreciate it.
    • Posted

Rest assured. Your fine. Have an ice cream and don't worry, be happy!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.