He on legs?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have Hidradenitis Suppurativa in my groin area but i also have pimples and sometimes boils on my legs. my thighs get flare ups that never fully surface but scar idk if it's one of the symptoms of HS Does this happen to anyone else with HS?

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi 😁 do u wax your legs at all , i use to and found that was the problem

• Posted

nope don't wax at all sometime i shave but they appear even when i let my hair grow out.

• Edited

I also suffer with hs in my groin and have alot of scar tissue from boils that never fully surface on my groin and inner thighs and also pimples so think it could be a common thing with hs unfortunately x

• Edited

Yes i thought I got it from shaving. Turns out it's chocolate in my case.

Sometimes they don't surface.

I've used clearasil strong and they will shrink and a layer of skin peals of after a few days.

At the moment I only eat chocolate once in a while and try to keep it to a small amount. Once or twice a week and I can go without it for 2 weeks, sometimes.

I use zinc creme (for baby diaper rash, sudocreme) it heals them quicker.

if it's bad and big I also use iodine.

And I exfoliate with baking soda.

• Posted

do u use anything else with the baking soda? Also has exfoliating helped lighten the marks?

• Posted

No I only use baking soda when in the shower, so on a wet skin.

I don't think it'll lighten marks. I have 1 scar which I've had for 20 years probably, it's like a dent. Can't really say I have darker marks. Only when I have outbreaks, which are minimal at the moment.

maybe you could try lemon juice or Apple Cider vinegar for lightning marks. But I'm sure lemon juice will hurt!

And vinager just stinks!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.