Head ache and feeling sick

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies I wake up every morning with a bad headache and feeling sick been like this for the last 2 weeks also my knees ache all the time ,I take paracetamol they work a little bit. Just getting so fed up of not feeling well I am on elleste duet 1mg for 2 month rang doctor to see if uping my does will help.

Take care

Paula

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi Paula - Have you tried magnesium to help with the achy knees? i have suffered a lot lately with the achy joints & i find when i take magnesium consistently with a high quality fish oil it does help. also i use magnesium spray on my achy joints & try & take epsom salt baths. i am lousy about drinking water, but i have found when i dont drink enough water i get a headache at the end of the day - i think we used to be able to get away with being dehydrated before peri/meno, but not so much anymore - hope that helps -

• Posted

Hi Debra have tried magnesium it made me anxious , I drink water coffee make me feel sick , will have a look at fish oil ,had achy joints at the beginning of peri that was 4 years ago and now it seems to have come back

Take care

Paula

• Posted

Hi Paula, you are not alone in this as i suffer with neasea and headaches too and especially feeling sick in the morning...

Also in the morning, i find myself asking how i am feeling and i can get anxious... it does pass with time...mine comes and goes and can be quite aggressive. im to on hrt but changed to evoral patch to see if moving away from a tablet would help but it didnt...our hormones are powerful ....our bodies are changing so hang tight. You are not alone in this and keep checking in for support. CK

• Posted

Thank you CK, I all so feel a bit anxious in a morning when I first wake up then it goes when I get up and start to do things, my head

ache have gone by the afternoon

But when it is there can be hard at work sometimes

Take care

Paula

• Posted

Hi Paula...my doc told me that paracetamol might leave me with a hangover type of headache, if i wasn't careful about staying hydrated. He was right. I upped my water intake, cut way back on coffee and realized one day that i hadn't awakened with a headache in over a week.

Stay hydrated!

• Posted

Hi Katy stop taking paracetamol as was not doing any good ,l do drink water as coffee tea makes me feel sick, will up my water.

Take care

Paula

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.