Head and neck discomfort

Posted , 3 users are following.

It started as a headache and now i have pain in my neck and shoulders and a bit in my chest. Slight pins and needles in my fingers , a lot of tiredness and weakness and trouble focusing on words on a page. I’ve been for an eye test and they couldn't see any abnormalities in my eye health , everything looked healthy. Ive had lots of anxiety and 2 panic attacks, as I've been worried about my symptoms, IVE GONE FROM THINKING i have a brain tumour, to angina to Ms. I went for a sports massage and there was a great deal of tension in my shoulders and neck which she said has probably caused my headaches but would this cause the tiredness weakness pins and needles and focus problems? I have complete mobility in my neck so i don't think it is a trapped nerve?

My full blood count came back normal as did my thyroid check and crp.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare, sorry you are experiencing so many issues. I hope I can help in some way.

First of all the fact you said you have lots of anxiety, really can cause all the symptoms you are experiencing, so too can panic attacks. But you are also worried about a brain tumour and I know that worry won't go away, until you have had an MRI scan to check your brain. So see you GP and insist you want one. You have had so many other tests that rule out many things it could be.

I sympathise with you as all of us on this forum suffer in some way or another!

It's important to sort out why you are getting so much anxiety and panic attacks as well as these most probably are the source of your problems.

I am not a Dr and I dont know of anybody on here who is, we just speak from experience and try to offer suggestions how you should proceed.

But to rule out your main worry, insist on an MRI and this will make you calm down somewhat as you will know nothing serious is going.

We are all here for you and will try to help in anyway you can. So keep in touch and let us know how you get on.

Take care and very best wishes Clare

• Posted

thankyou!

i went to a& e the other day as i was so worried. THE DOCTOR TRIED TO REASSURE ME and when i told him id been for an eye exam he said it was good news as if i did have a tumour or bleed in the brain they'd be able to see something going on.

I'm seeing doctor this week and will ask to be referred to the neurologist for an MRI. I shall keep you updated

CLARE

• Posted

Yes thats right the optician can see if anything is going on as this happened to my Dad and we had to get him to hospital pretty urgently. Sadly the tumour was far too advanced for them to do anything and he passed away. This was several years ago, so I am over it, but just wanted to additionally reassure you that the optician would have seen something sinister going on. So try not to worry.

Yes please let us know how you get on.

Take care and best wishes

• Posted

hi all, just updating !

so, my neck and head symptoms keep coming and going but def sleeping flat and not on a pillow has helped.

my main worry has been my overwhelming tiredness and bouts of chest pain and breathlessness.

i went to Gp, he's running a test for diabetes because of the tiredness. SINCE THEN, just today infact i woke up with the left side of my neck inflamed! and glands very tender on both sides. HE SUSPECTS ITS MUMPs. IM hoping that this might be why i was so tired before, though im not sure youd feel tired during incubation period of mumps!

no Mri scan scheduled yet as head and neck seem to be getting SLIGHTLY better. wait and see how i feel after this mumps has passed!

• Posted

Hi Claire,

Good to hear from you.

Well sounds like you are going through a pretty rough patch what with the suspected mumps too!

When you get the chest pain and breathlessness, do you feel like you will faint as well?

I would still push for an MRI scan this will put your mind at rest from anything sinister.

I cant sleep flat in bed, I have a memory foam pillow, I find this quite good.

Keep in touch Claire and hope the mumps soon go.

Take care and best wishes

• Posted

yes, i feel like i might faint. I know some of the time this is anxiety induced as its happened after i'd been googling symptoms. It could all be anxiety induced. As now I'm in alot of pain with the mumps so I'm not experiencing the chest pain really.

I'll keep you updated once I'm over this !

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.