head bump

Posted , 3 users are following.

I fell three weeks ago and got a nasty bump on the back of my head, I didn't pass out or vomit and the bump had gone down a lot. but the last couple of days my head where i hurt is stinging and I feel dizzy, I suffer with vertigo anyway but was wondering if this stinging is normal after three weeks, any advice please as I suffer with anxiety and this is not helping

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

You need to get this checked out for sure.

If you are feeling dizzy then without doubt go see you dr.  I had something similar happen to me and I ended up with the whole of the left side of my body going weak.  Dont wait any longer.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Best wishes and take care

• Posted

now I'm really scared, surly if it was anything serious it would have shown up by now

• Posted

I am not trying to scare you, just help and advise you.  Do you have other symptoms?
    • Posted

no, sorry but i suffer really bad with panic attacks and anxiey and this is really affecting me
    • Posted

Its ok yammy.  But tomorrow just to be on the safe side go see your dr.  Try to keep calm and tell him all the symptoms and what happened. Best wishes and take care.

Let us know how you get on please

• Posted

Hi yummy, it's almost certainly nothing to worry about. The fact that your head pains is in the same place that you bumped will, most likely, be a coincidence. If it puts your mind at ease, which it very well could, get it checked out.

With regards to your anxiety, it might be helpful if you look towards finding some coping strategies, relaxation techniques or, perhaps some forms of counselling. I hope you feel well again soon

• Posted

went to doctor this morning, she checked me out and is happy that there is no major damage. she said I have fluid in my right ear which could be causing virtigo so gave me a prescription, so hopefully this will work soon, 
    • Posted

Hi Yammy,

Glad nothing serious going on! Hope the ear is soon better. Come on any time if you have something you want to share, we will always reply.

Take care and best wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.