Head face and eye symptoms

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all,

Just wondering what symptoms you all experience in your head, face and eyes?

Thanks in advance 🙂

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have a probable diagnosis of CFS with fibro. Often my head symptoms are the most worrying and pervasive. In fact my initial symptoms 6 months ago were head related, roaring, muffled tinnitus followed by vertigo, then tingling scalp, nose and lips. That was my first month. Since then all of the above still exist on most days, but also tension headaches, forehead formication...often feels like someone is trying to pull me down. I am almost constantly lightheaded. My eyes are frequently tired, bleary. I sometimes have pain in my cheekbones too. When all of this presents together it can feel like the top of my head is about to lift off. Often lying down makes these symptoms worse. Migraines have been spoken about too, however that was months ago. These symptoms are so hard to describe to myself let alone doctors, family or friends. Tbey are frightening and real. I have presented to Emergency on three occasions with head related symptoms.
    • Posted

Sending you lots of love I feel so sorry that your going through all that I have fibromyalgia and spondylitis arthritis 

Do you take good pain medication for all what your going through thinking of you stay strong I know it’s hard to explain to people because some just don’t get what we go through just wanted to say take care sending you lots of love and light ❤️

• Posted

I have to wear glasses anyway but have noticed in the mornings they are really bad I feel they are getting worse 
  • Posted

I get headaches sometimes, my eyes are really dry so i use eyedrops all the time . sometimes i can feel the tension in my face and i had for two years pain in my jaw(TMJ), had hard time to eat solids and just really suffered from the pain especially at night. its better now i guess the poain just travels somewhere else in my body... I also found out that all the cosmetics for my face wasn't so good for me so i dont use them anymore - all natural oils and stuff.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia 22 years ago this month. The only problem I had that was head related was a  painful spot on the top of my scalp and 2 sometimes painful spots at the top off my forehead, under the hairline which I was told were fibro points. I have had constant sinus problems for 22 years which I treat occasionally with a salt water wash. I know we are all different, but I did not have face or eye problems till 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with Polymyalgia Rheumatica.
  • Posted

Toothache.  It moves around and I can't pinpoint which tooth is causing the pain.  When I go to the dentist they tell me there's nothing wrong.

I have headaches all the time and tinnitus, but I believe the latter is as a result of wearing hearing aids.  The worst head problem is the electrical pulses that buzz for up to a few seconds at a time.  I can't predict when it will happen and it's really disconcerting.

• Posted

Well I've had a permanent low grade headache since June 1998 when I came over all weird whilst shopping with my Mum and Dad and had to sit down because I thought I was going to pass out. I put my head between my legs as best I could, (back problems not allowing full bendability lol), and when I put my head back up I had this headache that just has NOT gone apart from once.....That was when I had a dose of Ketamin whilst in hospital for a theatre procedure to try and treat a problem with my right hand. The first time I had this treatment, I suffered with a truly blinding nauseas headache worse than my worst ever migraine and I couldn't bear any light so I was given the ketamine and that was the ONLY time I've been completely rid of this permanent headache ever since lol

?In addition to the permanent headache, I also have formication over my face where I could swear that there's a spider crawling over it or a hair tickling it but there's never anything there. I also get this on other parts of my body too.

?My eyes frequently get pain behind them and nothing seems to help with that and blurred and double vision are common visitors but I have dry eyes because of Sjogren's Syndrome so use artificial tears all the time.

I also have tinnitus thanks to a side effect of Diclofenic many years ago and TMJ pain for which I take Nortriptyline at night to help and it does most of the time it can worsen when I'm having a fibro flare.

?Good job you didn't ask what's happening with the rest of my body or we'd have been writing a novel! redface

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.