Head feeling heavy after cold

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all!

I woke up Monday of last week with a scratchy sore throat, hard to swallow so I went and got a strep test done on Tuesday morning and they said to rest and the test was negative. By Thursday my nose was a faucet, used endless amounts of tissues for Thursday and Friday and rested the rest of the weekend. I still have a mild sore throat (on Wednesday following week) but the main thing that is bothering me is my head. I head (brain almost) feels like heavy and very out of it. Almost dizzy in a way. My sinuses are certainly inflamed but not burning or anything crazy. Its mostly just the front of my face/head. Wondering if anyone has experienced anything like this and how long it lasts? its driving me insane that i'm starting to feel better but my head symptoms are far behind.

Thanks all!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Clare,

I was wondering if your symptoms have cleared up.

I have experienced the dizzy feeling in my head for sure. It comes from the sinuses being blocked and the inner ear/balance thing.

It seems that even after a cold or flu sinus problems can continue longer.

I am going through some at the minute. head/almost brain, like you is heavy and inflamed feeling there. Also very woo woo woo noise in my ears and pressure in my head. Sometimes I hear clicking sound in my ear like mucus was moving or cracking.

i am taking Amoxicillan now for 2 days after having flu like episode 4 weeks ago. the sinus thing is lingering. My nose is clear to breathe through the congestion feels far more in my head, way behind my nose.

I am worried as I feel no better so far and my head feels like in a vice.

• Posted

your not alone im having everything you said going on 4 weeks now sinuses is like a dry stuffiness pressure and my balance is off as well. ive even got a humidifier not helping much

• Posted

Hi, I have had a burning in my head/brain feeling and the humming in both ears, I felt in despair as I couldn't get a doctor appointment. I had been taking an antibiotic which I thought was not making anything better. My head was so bad I saw Doctor in wee hours in Hospital and have High blood pressure. that seems to be the reason for the head ache full feeling and off balance problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.