Head fog new manufacturer

Posted , 4 users are following.

hello my fellow citalopram users. i recently moved to a new state and picked up my citalopram from my new pharmacy. it was a whole new pill and manufacturer than i usually get. I've been on 20 mg for 2 1/2 years. but now that its a new manufacturer, i feel like im starting over again from the beginning. is this possible?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

technically it should have the same in it as the others i occasionally get different design packets . you might just be having a blip ask the pharmacist

• Posted

Hi Daisy,what you need to know is that more than one company supplies citrolopram,but which ever supplies this medication ,the ingredients will be identical ,so if you have taken it before then the medication will not give you side effects.

• Posted

I've always understood that the active ingredients will be the same but it could be the inactive ingredients could differ. You can compare the P/L Number on the side of both boxes - if they match then they're exactly the same. If not, then there's some difference somewhere.

I read this recently too on phychologytoday site:

Generic drugs have different fillers and binders that many people point to as the culprit when a generic doesn't work as well. Experts speculate that these chemicals may interfere with absorption, or cause adverse allergic-type reactions that increase inflammation in the nervous system.

Many medicines are made abroad - just because the company is headquartered in a particular country it doesn't mean they're made there, and often may be outsourced to more than one location, and oversight may be poor.

So if someone says the generic is no different to a branded drug, its not quite so.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.