Head Injury

Posted , 4 users are following.

I had took a tumble Saturday head banging a door knob  and now have 4 staples in my head. It is now itching like hell but was told that is beacause it is healing is this normal?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

What my mum always said! Don't know if it is true though. Staples in a head wound? That isn't nice! It would be worth asking your doctor though - it could be an allergic reaction to the metal in the staples or to something they washed it with.
    • Posted

Thanks for your reply Eileen only started itching today will call the dr tomorrow, Was a nasty bang but the hospital I went to was excellent :-)

• Posted

Watch those doors, more accidents in the homes than outside I hear.  

Here in the U.S I think thread stitches are used mostly, but know when the area itches, it's healing.....so watch things.   Joy

• Posted

Any injury site that has either stitches or staples my cause itchy irritation. It is also a sign of recovery. I hope you have a speedily recovery.
  • Posted

Thanks all not as bad today and got some one to check my scalp seems to be healing not looking forward to getting them removed though :-(

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.