head injury

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently injured myself at work to where I bumped my head I have been symptoms of extreme headache, dizziness that have now progressed I have not yet seen a doctor my employer did offer as part of company policy but I am in fear of losing my job I have been working but it is difficult due to my condition. I also have sleep disturbances I have read on symptoms of a concussion but I thought the symptoms would occur the day or the next of they have not gone away and gradually getting worse what should I do?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

  • Posted

    You know what you should do get to A & E or a Health clinic , you need a MRI scan immediately, take your employers help, as this was done at work, sign the accident book then it will be documented.

    Your Employer has a "duty of care" toward you at work under Health & Safety Employment LAW.

    If you had a stroke you couldn't work could you? So put your health first, and see your Manager. Take down all you remember and the symptoms, a photo if you have a lump or laceration on the head..

    Symptoms of concusion can continue if not treated, and cause haemorrhage.

    • Posted

      i totally understand everthing you are saying I don't know if it is too late or not it has been a week since the incidentit is not the point of getting compesated or worker's comp I just don't wanto be a risk factor but I know the head is nothing to mess around with thanks for the advice.

    • Posted

      It never too late, just do it record it document it, then get assessed Medically time is of the essence to be sure.Better to know in case anything happens.

      head injury always get it checked even if minor.

  • Posted

    I'd say stop everything and go to a hospital right now. You don't mess around with head injuries.

    If you're concerned about your job, well, what good is it to keep your job if you lose your life or become disabled? Also, I don't know where you live and what laws you have there, but I'd think your employer should not be able to fire you for getting injured at work. On the contrary, they should be liable for compensating your medical expenses (via some insurance tha they're required to buy).

  • Posted

    Go to Hospital ER.  CT scan or MRI to figure out what is wrong.  If you aren't using Worker's Compensation use Family Medical Leave (FMLA).  You should not lose your job.  Your health is #1 priority at this point.  Good luck and post an update.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.