Head Issues

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have had tension headaches and just a weird feeling in my head the last few weeks. I know it is probably anxiety related because I have had a ct scan and an mri done. I also get a burning sensation on my face as well. I know I am probably just freaking myself out because I am just focusing on every little thing. Has anyone else ever experienced these symptoms? Thanks in advance.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Are you describing tension headache that feels luke a tight band around your head? That somes is caused by anxiety thinking?
    • Posted

Yeah I get them a lot on my forehead and I also get them in the back and the sides. They are more in the front then anything. The flush feeling sucks too. They prescribed me pamalor for the headaches and also buspra for the anxiety. I just started both last week.
    • Posted

Wow sooooo sorry.....have you been able to narrow down any environmental stressors..or do you think it may be how you process aspects of yiur world around you, or excess demands you put on yourself? Have you tried anything natural to enhance your mental relaxation such as getting out in nature, or receiving a healing massage?
    • Posted

Have you tried a muscle relaxor prior to these other recent medications? My pain has been on the sides and back of my head, and i was prescribed baclofen and natural stress reduction strategies, and some PT exercises to relax my neck, which was the contributing continuous trigger to my head pain. Did you try this approach first before deciding this was anxiety?
    • Posted

I have also had panic attacks thinking that someone is wrong followed by sweating profusely when I get these feelings along with severe stomach issues associated with everything. The headaches only started a few weeks ago. Before that I was getting really dizzy and lightheaded when I got some episodes. I went to the er twice in 2 weeks and 3 different blood test and was told everything came back perfect even involving my mri results and I have had 2 neurologist look at it.
    • Posted

Hi, yes, your fear thoughts, sound as though they are triggering your body to go into flight mode, from your adrenaline overload, and cognitive thought processes..which than cause your body to do these things.. In much younger years, my body reacted this way when i attempted to stand up to an authoritarian system..until i went thru cognitive type therapy with a qualified therapist. I learned to close my eyes, take slow easy deeper inhale and exhale breaths, taking alone walks or bike rides, and going into nature settings to get in touch with my power, and more calming techniques, to actually retrain my inner feelings, knowings and responses. I keep away from stressful environments, people and stressful lifestyles, as well as caffeine substances, marijuana (paranoia anxiety producing for me) and add in fitness and healthy lifestyle attributes for a healthly minded way of life. This has helped me tremendously.
    • Posted

I have no idea why my reslonse has been moderated again. I have simply talked about how i myself had the sweating and fearful feeling in my earlier life and how i coped with it. Simply saying, that taking deep slow breaths in and out helped to relax my thoughts and fears to get perspective, and how much taking walks and getting out in nature settings away from stressful lifestyles or environments helped me. Also mentioning how much caffeine drinks (coffee, mountain dew, etc) contributed to my heart racing, which then triggered anxiety symptoms. I mentioned how much it helped to be aware of these things, so that you could feel more empowered and able to help yourself and your cognition. I went to a therapist who helped me and my cognition..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.