head jerk.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Anyone had this before, my heads felt awful and off balance for a few weeks. This morning in bed my head did a big jerk by itself. I had lesions on my brain scan 2-3 yrs ago and I'm worried somethings going on in my brain again. I see the neurologist again on Monday

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes I to get this. I've had it for the list couple of years and it's a dreadful feeling. I get the body twitches and jerks all around my body, including my head and feels like in my brain. I have an appointment at the neurological depth at hospital tomorrow and had a scan last week.

I'm short on faith with our NHS system to help me so I'm not holding my breath. I wish I could help you more. You are not alone.

• Posted

Yes. I have been very ill for almost 4 years now. Firstly diagnosed with CFS/ME and FM. Then last year I tested positive for Lyme and 2 coinfections, EBV and C.Peumoniae.  I can honestly say I have never been so ill in all my life.  How about you, have you tested positive for Lyme? 
    • Posted

I've been ill 14yrs and diagnosed with cfs/me. I had bioresonance therapy before xmas and she found lyme, EBV and rickettsia etc. But i know drs won't accept that because it's not the conventional route.
    • Posted

I just had my NHS nuerolgoy appointment this morning. A complete waste of time. So dissapointinng and I should have known better than to have any hopes at all. They are doing yet another blood test on the NHS for Lyme, which will I'm sure just like the others come back negative. They do not wish to hear that the reliability rate for their testing is highly questionable in most cases.  They took my documents showing the positives from private lab. Even if the test did come back posiitive on the NHS he explained they would not just accept that, but I would then need to have a lumbar puncture and if that showed antibodies only than could I have 2-3 weeks of antibiotics at best.  I give up on the NHS.  You have to go it alone or find a GP willing to write you a prescription for the antibiotics.  I wish you good luck and I'm sorry I cannot offer you more. Keep researching and digging and join Lyme sites to gain knowledge and speak to others in the same boat. 

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed product/company names as we do not allow repeated posting of these in the forums. If users wish to exchange these details please use the Private Message service.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

My neurologist apt is today at 1.40 and like you i know it's going to be a total waste of time. Last time i mentioned lyme he said "you haven't got that because you haven't been near deers" I have had 2 negative Elisa tests on the nhs so that's it they just say you haven't got it. I was going to get private bloods in germany but i know even if they come back positive the nhs won't accept them. So annoying.
    • Posted

It is an utter shambles the situation of Lyme and the UK medical system. I too was told repeatedly by my G  "you don't have Lyme, we don't have Lyme here" (I'm in Kent near the coastal cliffs).  My tests on the NHS always came back negative. The reason I tested in Germany was the fact I wanted to 'rule it out' for certain and also the co infections. Turned out I couldn't rule it out, as it showed without doubt I have Lyme and the co infections. At least now I know what I'm up against and can look to find a cure on my own.  Good Luck today but if I were you if this comes back negative, I'd not rule it out that you have Lyme. 
    • Posted

I am currently doing bio resoance therapy in Whitby(started before xmas) and she has found lyme, EBV and loads of other stuff everywhere so far.I had EBV when i was 18 so i know that's still in my system, but i know they would just rubbish it. I live in Cumbria near the coast too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.