Head, neck & ear pain please help !

Posted , 3 users are following.

for the last three weeks ish i have been experiencing ongoing symptoms that i’m worried about .  i have been back and forth to the doctors and they always tell me i have anxiety and that my symptoms are due to my anxiety i do have very bad anxiety .  however even though this may be true to an extent, i am still convinced there is something wrong as surely not all of my symptoms could be caused by stress or anxiety .  

so two weeks ago i had a very weird feeling in my right ear, it felt like it was blocked however i could pop it and it wouldn’t make a difference so it wasn’t actually blocked .  i could hear a lot better from my left ear which was worrying me - this was accompanied by ringing in the ear.  i am SUCH a hypochondriac and i will worry myself sick for the smallest things so at this point, after spending a grand total of 18 hours on google, i was convinced i had an acostic nuroma , which sounds stupid but i was worrying myself sick.  the blocked ear soon subsidised and i felt less worried about my ear.  

the next thing is a stiff neck.  i have had a stiff / tight neck for almost a month now it feels like the skin is tight and it’s realy restricting for example when i try to lean my head back with my mouth closed it feels like the neck skin is pulling my mouth open it’s that tight!  i also have been having a weird pressure feeling in my neck when i bend over or when i lift heavy things - it almost feels like i’m choking or being stangled.  i sometikes get a pain in my neck when i swallow but not the usual pain u get when u have a sore throat it feels like it’s in my neck.  the doctor checked my neck and my thyroid in a blood test and the blood tests were fine so ?? i don’t kno.

dizziness.  i have been having this weird sensation when i stand up , it’s like i feel lightheaded but nothing is spinning or anything , and it feels like i have goosebumps on my scalp it’s really scary.  and over the past two days i have had a bad headache mainly on the right side of my head - which leads into my ears and neck too .  

other weird symptoms i’m having is tiredness , but i feel like this is because i’m so drained with stress and worry and anxiety, rapid heartbeat - when i walk up stairs or even just walk a short distance i can feel my purses in my chest and head (anxiety ??). - i’m also not that fat either , i am 18 years old male and 6ft i weigh around 90kg so i’m overweight but not to the point of a racing heart when i walk yknow ??? oh and muscle twitches ,, EVERWHERE like my nose, head, eyelid, calf, feet collar bone area etc etc .  i also have this weird spot on my very upper thigh that’s been there for over three weeks, it’s a lot less painful but it’s still there and i’m worried - i know this is kind of off topic but it’s bothering me .  and a new mole on my hand (which is apparently normal in teens) but the second you type new mole into google you see things you don’t want to see.  i think that’s all the symptoms - i had like a slight yellow tinge to my eyes when i pulled back my eyelid (i’ve always had it but it was a bit worse) but it has subsidised a bit, and it’s not noticeable unless i pull my eyelid back.  

sorry for this long long list but i hope someone can help in any way

1 like, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I believe you have a virus.  Do you have indoor outdoor pets, been scratched or bitten by an animal?  Even licked on an open sore.   I have all the same symptoms that started one month after I took in an injured farel cat.  I stupidly gave up the cat 2 days after I took him in and was never able to find out what happened to him. If I had kept him I could of had him tested. I wasn’t able to have the cat tested the doctor would not start the life saving  rabies shots.  I told the ER doc right away I thought I had contracted rabies from that cat and asked to have the rabies post exposure shots.  Denied!  Ridiculous!  The ER doctor said he didn’t think my symptoms were from rabies.  I knew without a doubt that’s what was and is still going on, now especially after doing all the reaseach I have done.  I know my body, I am not an anxious person and don’t have anxiety.  I can’t believe in this day in age that if you go into an ER,  the Health Department or Animal Shelter that they are all so unknowlegable about rabies.  I am a religious person and if I’m going to die from rabies I want to spread awareness so I might be able to help educate and maybe help someone else.  People and doctors are in the dark about Rabies.  I could write a book with all the information I have accumlated since last March.  Rabid animals aren’t  always foaming at the mouth and aggressive they can be the opposite, very friendly.  There are two forms of rabies, the furious form with the classic symptoms, hydrophobia, encephalitis and sensitivity to light.  The paralytic form presents differently, and generally takes longer in the body depending on the viral load which ends with the virus attacking all your organs, resulting in muscle twitches and malfunction of your internal organs, heart and diaphragm.  Virurses like West Nile and rabies cause muscle twitches.  Lyme Disease causes muscle twitches too but that is a bacterial infection and can be treated in the later stages.  I have a medical background so when my symptoms started it didn’t take me long to figure out what was going.  Why a doctor would question and hesitate to administer shots to save a life is beyond me.  I am calm now because I’ve had 11 months to come to grips with what is probably going to happen. I’m probably a terrible for replying with scary information but my heart tells me I need to spread awareness.  

• Posted

Are you on Xanax or other Benzo?  Withdrawal from those is hell.. and torture and comes with all your symptoms.  

Curious ... if you let your head hang over the bed ( while on your back ) let your muscles go limp... listen and feel if your head cluncks, or clicks out.  Then tense your neck muscles and see if it slams or clunks back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.