Head numbness

Posted , 9 users are following.

SO, I've been diagnosed with ME/CFS since last year, but probably had it for about three. I've had a lot of weird and unexplainable symptoms but recently I have started getting numbness at the back of my head, normally just on the right side which has been in the right side of my face too once. It comes and goes but often worsens when lying on it, which I can't really get around as I move around and change sides in my sleep. I also had numbness on my right hand side after lying on it earlier today.

like I said, I've had a lot of weird and honestly, terrifying symptoms but this one takes the cake. I went to the doctor about it before along with my tension headaches that I've been getting too but all he did was test me for a stroke and then said it's fine... it's not fine! At this point, I'm afraid to go to sleep incase I wake up numb permanently, or worse, paralyzed.

So, I guess my question is: has anyone else here experienced any scary symptoms like that? Any advice on what to do? I want to go in there and demand he test me further but I am so sick of going to the doctor and feeling like a hypochondriac and then having them not listen to me and say I'm fine when I'm clearly not.

p.s I should say, I also have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia too.

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi to all still following this thread. I've been to the doctor twice since I wrote this and they said the same thing each time which is that it's probably just stress or anxiety - ironically the only thing making me stressed is this illness and them dismissing me! They won't for the life of them do an MRI. Since then, I've had grinding feeling in the neck and the back of my neck and head have been sore but I'm too exhausted and fed up to go back for a third time and bring this up. They've written me off as a hypochondriac so at this point whatever I say will be used against me.

Thanks everyone for the advice and kind words, I wish I could have some positive news to add to this thread but that very rarely happens!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.