Head pain above left ear . Wired sensation in head

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello ladies i have a wired sensation pain in my head above my left ear . This is scaring the living daylights out of me. it is hard to describe. Has any of you ever had weird head pain different from the normal headache ?

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Sally,

I just posted something similar earlier. mine started in my eye and went to my temple, top of my head and my cheek. Short stabbing pain. it is unnerving but it's gone now. The Joy's of Peri never let us down do they? If you're like me, your mind went crazy with possible causes, like stroke or tumor of some kind. We are perfectly fine, we just have to ride it out. Hope you feel better soon!

• Posted

Hi Susane and the answer is Yes, i went crazy. Some days i wish i have a live in dr because my mind goes crazy with all these symptoms. The feeling has now left but it gave me serious anxiety to say the least. Thank you so much for responding. Hope you feel better too.

• Posted

Hi Sally

I had exactly the same thing a couple of days ago. Wasn't the first time I've had it but doesn't make it any less frightening. I've noticed that I get all kinds of shooting/electrical-type pains in my head even more so when my allergies and sinuses are playing up but can also be random. The joys of fluctuating hormones.

Hope things improve for you soon.

• Posted

Definitely. They last for a few weeks, disappear, then reappear every few months. Very unsettling. But they always go away eventually.

• Posted

Yes, it is allergies nd ear/sinuses clogging. I have it really bad for the past 4 years. Never had this before. Vertigo as well.

• Posted

On and off for a year and a half, I've had:

twitching, tingling, wired/weird head zaps, headaches, burning sensations , like sun burn, muscle pain, stiffness , spaciness, palpitations,dizziness, neck pain.

Bar seeing a neurologist (still chickening put), I've had every test and scan known to man. other than a bone spur on my neck and disc issues, the only other thing picked up is that I am in full blown menopause. I'm over it all atm.

• Posted

It's awful isn't it?!. I just have this horrible anxiety over these physical symptoms. Just when the twitching and tingling subsides, then another thing rears its ugly head. I never thought this would be me.

• Posted

It sucks. I'd been doing a lot better, and then suddenly, the last four days have been really rough. It try to remind myself that this too shall pass. And then I have a big, ugly cry, which always helps. Ugh!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.