Head pain for over a year

Posted , 3 users are following.

i have had a really strange headache for over a year now. it started out of the blue with a few jabbing like pains on top of my skull, on the right side. its settled down to a continious dull ache in the same spot. if i bend over, cough hard or shout very loud i get a pain in the same spot which only lasts the duration of the movement. another symptom i have is my right eye ball has a dull ache as well.

Ive seen doctors and neuro's and had an MRI which came back clear. i am now due an MRA to check the blood vessels.

Im usually a fit 25 year old that plays quite a lot of sport. It's mentally affecting my life now and i think about it all day everyday.

anyone else had anything similar?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi, yes I have had similar. During a particularly intense exercise session on Monday evening (19/08/19), I felt a sudden pain in the left back of my head. I hadnt experienced such a headache before. It didnt really go away although it isnt as bad now. I keep worrying about it and not sure if that is exacerbating it. Most days are ok but keep feeling twinges, and it is exacerbated if I run or jump. It certainly isnt a strong or sharp pain, more of a dull pain. I have no additional symptoms. I went to the doctors today as I have been obsessing over it and thought I had a brain tumour. I was so upset I started crying and explained it has been constantly in my thoughts, every second, for a week, it is exhausting, I am constantly checking in on my symptoms, spent most of the bank holiday weekend Googling symptoms of brain tumours and headaches. Feel exhausted. She examined me briefly - looked into my eyes and did some assessment of movement, could I wiggle arms, shoulders etc, had I had vision issues or numbness, which I hadnt, just this head pain, and she said nothing was causing her alarm or worry, and it could be a muscular thing heightened by anxiety, but I said I was very worried as it is only in one side of the brain. Anyway I cant stop worrying still, the anxiety around it is awful and I am meant to be going on holiday on Friday and cant tell anyone in my family or my partner in case they worry, but I literally cannot get it out of my head, even dream about it. I keep thinking 'what if it really is a brain tumour?' I feel sick through worry.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.