Head pain right side above eye area when I bend over?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had it for about 2 weeks now.

My whole head hurts on bumpy roads. So much so that I started driving very cautiously, paying extra attention to road surfaces.

So I guess you can say sudden movements causes my head to hurt. But the pot holes are the whole head. The rest of the time it's almost always only the right side, at a spot between the top of the eye and the temple area.

So looking from the top of a head facing north, imagine the head is divided into 4 sections. It would be the top right side.

The pain is most prominent when I bend down. It ceases almost completely when I am upright. It's definitely there even without any movements, but to a much lesser extent.

It feels like a tension/pressure pain. Not sharp or crippling, but rather dull. On a scale from 1-10 (10 being killer pain), I'd say it's a 5 when bending down...3 when sitting still and not making sudden movements.

I tend to notice it more waking up in the morning, especially rising off bed.

I've considered sinusitis. But I don't have any of the other symptoms. No discharge whatsoever, haven't had flu/cold for as long as I can remember, no nasal congestion.

I do have rhinitis though. Had it all my life. I don't take anything for it. I only do when I have an episode, which are triggered by dust mites and pollens mostly. Haven't had any lately. Also, even though I've had allergy my whole life, this is the first time I experience this headache.

I also considered migraine. But I don't have any of its other typical symptoms - no sensitivity to light or noise, or smell.

Any idea what I'm suffering from?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

hey, I'm no doctor do this is only my opinion from experience.

it sounds like a sinus headache. I've had sinus pressure and headache before and it turned out to be sinus congestion even though i didn't feel like i had a blocked nose or anything. THE DOCTOR shone a light and could see the blockage. Have you tried decongestant tablets or a nasal spray?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.