Head pain when in different positions?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've been to the hospital numerous times this week because of chest pains but now I'm having a new symptom and I'm dreading going back into the doctor. Every time I tilt my head forwards or am laying on either side I have pain in my head. I've included a picture of where the pain is, sometimes it radiates further past those points. I am afraid that it's an issue with my brain or something.. It's been there for 2 days, if it's here for one more day should I go to the doctor or is it worth getting checked out today? Please respond.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

It never hurts to go see your doctor just for peace of mind anxiety does make you feel other symptoms but just go check 
  • Posted

I had that same. If I bent over to put socks on or tie shoes I would get pain/pressure in my head. Dr kept telling me it was sinus. I went to ENT and he said allergies. I would cough or sneeze and my head would hurt. I also was getting clogged ears. I went to neurologist and he did mri and scans and some fluid behind right ear. He put me on citalopram 10 mg I’m much better after 16 weeks. 

Will😎

• Posted

From what you are describing, I think you may have sinusitis. I have had it several times and it can be awful. Tilting your head or even bending can cause the most horrendous pain. I’m always told to breathe over a bowl of steaming water to try and clear it but I usually end up on a course of antibiotics.  If it carries on then I’d go to your gp and they should be able to give you something to help and to put your mind at rest at the same time.  I hope that you feel better soon . Take care and let me know how you get on. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.