Head Popped

Posted , 7 users are following.

So I was sat at work on Monday and something really scary happened, the back left side of my head popped and then something warm ran down my head, I booked in to see the doctor straight away as was really scared and he seem to think is was my neck but felt in the back of my head! I left it a day and went back again today as since have had a bad headache (I do suffer with them anyway) and saw a different doctor and she is under the same impression as the other doc that it is my neck causing the issues, I have really bad health anxiety and have managed to winde myself up about it, I am off on holiday tomorrow and explained this to the doctor and they have said that if that thought that it was anything serious then they would not let me fly, it was just scary, anyone else had this happen?

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hmm it's never happened to me but I would just tel them that you need to get a headsxan to feel better about it and that your just not gonna b able to live life and get over it until u do

• Posted

I actually know what you are talking about. Yes yes it is one strange sensation and scary. Because you think oh no a stroke. Good you went to the doctor! That was smart. They know what to look for. I think its just a ton stress and tightning the neck and muscles and it all gets too much ohycially on the body and the body itself reacts. They would know looking into your eyes and such if it were serious.  Theres a similar kind called ice oick headaches that give off really off headache with a frozen feeling. Our bodies can do such strange strange things. Mris do not lie and are verified by two different doctors and by technology so youre safe here. I think you causes some form of your own teigger point theraoy in a bad way by accident and the body very well knows how to self heal this stuff. Go and enjoy your holiday. 
  • Posted

with health issues, never read too much into a situation or you will find yourself googling everything and assuming you have it.
  • Posted

Yes I've had that happen I also get to where the right side of my face goes numb and stays like that for a little while. The more I think about it the longer it stays it's right under my eye. I've googled reasons for this and it says stroke or anxiety I'm 26 pretty healthy but I have a bad anxiety disorder so I'm trying to rule out stroke.

• Posted

Hey! How have you felt since then? Ive been feeling the same way.

• Posted

people get neck pops all the time. The popping sensation is called crepitus and it is the formation and collapse of tiny gas bubbles, caused by pressure changes within the joint.

It can be caused by tightness, stiffness, and poor posture. Generally nothing to be concerned about. ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.