Head pressure

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have been having tension headaches for a few years but never thought anything of it. I would take some ibuprofen and it would go away. For the past few months I have been having these reoccurring things such as slight shooting pain on the top left side of my head along with a liquid dripping sensation up there, constant earache in my right ear, ringing in my left ear, and worst of all constant pressure in my head and neck. First I went to a clinic and they said I had fluid in my ear and they prescribed me Zyrtec and Saline nasal drops. The symptoms went away but now they're back and even worse. They told me I don't have an ear infection but my ear constantly hurts. The other night the pressure in my head was so bad I went to the ER. I thought I might have a tumor or an aynurism. They gave me a CT scan and it came back negative. They told me to take some Ibuprofen and sent me home. I don't know what else to do. My head pressure is so bad it feels like it's gonna explode. I can't sleep and I'm scared. Somebody please help me.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Maybe you need a good ear, nose a n throat doctor. A good one, not a quack like I got. Dena

• Posted

I have had the same but with a stiff/sore neck bad ear ache and ringing in the ears and constant mild headache for 4 weeks now. I have also had a CT scan and it was clear. I did some blood tests and I am waiting for the reply from the Dr. I hope you feel beter soon.
  • Posted

I also have felt the same I have not had no scans though as my doctor is not very good just bloods which have showed inflammation and apparently its my sinuses causing this even though its been 3 months and about 4 doses of anti biotics.
  • Posted

have u tried flonase that really helped me from going crazy .. my head pain was so severve for yrs . my doctor told me to try flonase that was my lifesaver. my head popped for wks than my nose starrted popping i alway had drainage what a relief when the pressure way off my headaches when away . my doctor said to get best results i had to use it everyday 2x for 2 months. i was having major results the first week. my head had so much pressure . now i think about it i dont know how i handled it. good luck please please try this. where i live sams has the best price good luck
  • Posted

I have had headaches in the left side of my head off and on for 2 months.  A cat scan and a MRI indicated I have a sphenoid sinus blockage on the right side.  Two ENT did not find this during their examination as that area is way back in your head.  Perhaps you can fins an answer that way?  

Best rest of luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.