Head pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

When i wake up every day i always have some sort of head pressure mainly on my left side. It will last the most of the day until I'm grtting into bed. I dont think its sleep related because it happens whether ive had 6 hours sleep, 8 hours sleep or more/less. I haven't been to the doctors as they are reluctant to do tests on me due to history of anxiety (however i'm practically over that now).

This head pressure has been happening for months and has me worried there is something going on in my head although its extremely unlikely as im a 22 year old male.

I have a slightly out of line back and my neck has been uncomfortable since i was about 16, eg. Cracking, feeling the need to click it alot and pressure in the left side of the bacj of my neck.

I dont know if this could habe anything to do with my head pressure or if anyone has any ideas? Thank you

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

well I do suggest seeing your dr about it first of all.  But you could try seeing an osteopath or chiropractor to see if they can help.

Maybe it could be to do with your pillow too?

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Take care

• Posted

I doubt it has much to do with my pillow unfortunatly, i wish it did! That would be a nice easy fix. But I change beds frequently as i stay at my grandmas during the week and at home on weekend due to work. I would go to the doctors, but when i have brought up this in the past multiple (maybe 6 months ago and again 4 months ago), they put it down to anxiety states.

I am considering going to a chiropractor though. The problem being due to still having a slight bit of anxiety, whenever i notice this head pressure etc it plays on my mind and worries me. I suppose i'll just try my doctors again and hope for the best

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.