Head Pressure

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've been having head pressure on and off since Saturday (5 days ago). It seems to start in the evening and doesn't go away until the next day or sometimes doesn't go away until the next afternoon. It feels like my head is heavy or like I can't hold it up sometimes. It's mostly centered on the top of my head. No other symptoms, no pain. It's causing me extreme stress and anxiety and panic attacks. I've had pressure head symptoms before, but only every once in a while it would happen and then go away by the next morning. Now it's been 5 days. I've had recent MRIs done for my migraines and all of that was normal, so I know there's no brain tumor or anything. i would think if it was something like leaking spinal fluid or brain bleed or something serious like that there would be other symptoms wouldn't there? I've asked my doctors about it before and was never given an answer on what it could be. I do have severe anxiety already and this isn't helping. I would like to just believe it's from anxiety, but what if it's not and then I don't seek treatment and die? that is my fear. Does anyone else have head pressure symptoms and did you ever get a diagnosis? And if it matters, I'm 35 year old female, pretty healthy otherwise, work out several times a week, no kids.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi @krstewart85 -

I had something similar last year, where I had head pressure (like someone was pressing a spot on the top of my head) for weeks. I was so anxious and scared about it, I went to my GP who felt it was anxiety and potentially tension related. I started going to to the chiropractor and went for some massages where I had them focus a lot on my neck/back and eventually it went away. It's so scary, you don't think something that is so real could be anxiety and/or tension, but that is what mine came down to. I would take comfort in the fact that you had recent MRI and they were fine. I would suggest maybe looking up some neck/tension stretches and doing those - they did seem to help me. Wishing you the best, and I hope it goes away soon.

Best,

Liz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.