Head pressure and body weakness making life a struggle

Posted , 9 users are following.

Hi am new to this forum. It's a struggle to write this without getting a headache. I've been suffering with pressure like pain in head, eye strain, heavy aching legs , tiredness and dizziness . It' making me depressed . I have been on her 1mg fir 1yr and half so not sure if that is causing problems . No one takes any notice of me its horrible

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine/

I am not sure what you have been on for over a year, but I do understand the 'no one takes  notice' on my last visit to the doc, she told me ' doctor's don't treat cfs/ms!!!, so Doctor dear, point me in direction who of someone does, there is no-one, 

have you been diagnosised with cfs/ms???  if so by whom??

I do sympathise with you -  please keeptrying and someom. . will tak notice, you deserve that much at least.

Take care  x

• Posted

There is research being done at Sheffield hospital into cfs. Anyone in the UK can be referred there so go to your doctor again. Look at their website and also look at gluten ataxia. I have suffered from cfs for 15 years and have only just found a doctor who seems to understand. I have been on a gluten free diet for 5 weeks and feel better than I have for years. Please let me know if you find this helpful.
    • Posted

Hi Jillian.

Plsd.  to  hear of your success with Gluten diagnosis & avoidance. BTW, did your Doc. not do a 'Gluten' test as part of the disease elimination in giving you a diagnosis of ME/CFS?  Gluten, is on the ME/CFS elimination list.

C

• Posted

Hi

I urge anyone suffering from cfs in th UK to ask to be referred to Sheffield hospital where they are doing new research into cfs. Alternatively look at their website and also look up gluten ataxia. I have so from cfs for 15 years and just 5 weeks ago I started a gluten free diet. I feel better than I have for years. Please let me know if this is any help.

• Posted

i  will check out thhee Sheffiled hospital, but living in Jersey would make it difficult  visit.

My doctor done a routine blood test, I tten suggested it could be cfs and and she agreed, that was nine months ago, and  ihave since had to stop working, this whole means of diagnosing it hit and miss-x

• Posted

I live in Spain but luckily I have recently seen a new doctor who knows of the research and put me on a gluten free diet. I was very sceptical at first but was so desperate that I would try anything. You can try the diet yourself but you may need help as gluten is in a lot of unexpected stuff. Get as much info as you can off the Internet.
  • Posted

This is my first post. I have been ill for 5 weeks having had severe chest infection. Saw gp as I'm having inner ear probs head pain severe fatigue dizziness nausea can't concentrate it's taken me ages to write this was told I have post viral fatigue. I can't leave the house I'm 58 yr old female I've been told to go back to gp in 3 wks if no better I've never felt so ill

• Posted

i well know the feeling,  I had ear probs and i think it was that that started my cfs/me.  I personally would not leave it three weeks if you are feieling so ill, you are entitled to the best treatment from Health Officer, if you feel you are not receiving that, phone your doctor please.
    • Posted

I am making app in the morning to see my gp I feel this has gone on long enough there is no let up with the pain dizziness head pressure it's moving from left ear into neck shoulder and my head feels as if in a vice not a headache as such but a pressure like squeezing

• Posted

Hi, Christine. I'm so sorry you're struggling with this illness. All the symptoms you mention are very typical with ME/CFS, including being depressed because of having the illness. Unfortunately, there's no magic pills or treatment, but people can get better. Get plenty of rest, don't try to push through the fatigue, pace yourself, and avoid sugar and caffeine. Also, you may want to try something like meditation for stress and depression. It helped me hugely with both. 

• Posted

Christine, when it comes to ME/CFS there isn't a whole heck of a lot the docs can do except treat individual symptoms.  Some people need help with sleep, some with pain control, some with depression because of living like this, etc.  There just isn't a cure, and the so-called experts are not in agreement as to what causes this stuff.  I take good vitatmins, try to watch my diet (more protein, less carbs), and rest when my body says I need to.  That often means a day in bed.  Not a heck of a lot of fun, I know.  I had to teach myself to focus on what was good in my life and not on what was gone from it.  That was a difficult lesson, but necessary.  Sometimes I slip back into a negative attitude, but I usually can pull myself out of it.  I find keeping a gratitude journal helps.  By the way, regarding dizziness:  when I am having a nasty bout of this stuff, I feel like I'm trying to walk on an air mattress that is floating on a rough lake.  Icky!  When that happens, I find wearing one of those neck collars, the kind they sell for whiplash victims, seems to help.  

• Posted

You may have an allergy to something in your food. I had the pressure feeling, dizziness, blurry vision, and headache for years. I narrowed it down to stevia. I recently quit after years with a protein powder with stevia and my head has never felt better. I noticed a difference within a week. I think it also had other effects with my muscles and I am getting better with that problem too. A little more each day my muscle pain is diminishing. My muscle pain started in January. It was so bad I thought I was dying. I could not even hold my grand daughter. =14pxMy doctor tried to give me a script but I won't take anything that is not natural. My blood tests two months ago were not normal but after I quit the stevia another set of tests came back normal. =14pxI also avoid sucralose, aspartame, =14pxcarrageenan, and soy (almost everything has some form of it ) . I eat organic foods mostly and avoid yellow corn. I am able to write this reply without glasses which was nearly impossible a month ago. Get an allergy test done and pray asking for guidance because you know not what is wrong but He does. You will be healed by your faith but It will take some time so be strong and determined.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.