HEAD PRESSURE AND LITTLE ACHE ON TOP OF HEAD

Posted , 7 users are following.

HI ANYONE HERE HAS THE SAME SYMPTOMS AS ME? SINCE SEPTEMBER OF 2019 I HAVE PRESSURE ON TOP OF HEAD USUALLY LEFT SIDE WITH A LITTLE ACHE.ITS VERY ANNOYING LIKE SOMETHING IS PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR HEAD..BUT IT CHANGES LOCATION TOO.SOMETIMES ITS IN THE TOP OF HEAD NEAR THE FOREHEAD.SOMETIMES ON TOP OF THE HEAD.SOMETIMS IN BOTH SIDES OF THE TEMPLE AREA..IBUPROFEN.PARACETAMOL.TRAMADOL.MEFENAMIC ACID.DICLOFENAC IS NOT TOUCHING THE PAIN.IM ALSO A HYPOCHODRIAC AND SUFFERING FROM ANXIETY.I HAVE TAKEN XANAX AND ANTI DEPRESSANT LAST YEAR.DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Edward -

Someone else on here (or another forum) posted a website called round earth - you can Google it, I don't think I can post the link here. However, it talks a lot about different pains on/in our heads and where it can be referred from (Neck areas, etc). This would make sense that it's related to your issue given the relief you feel when using the tennis ball. Anyway, may be worth checking out!

• Posted

Hi Edward-

its actually getting better! Thank you for checking in. I went to my GP the other day and she 100% thinks it is tension and anxiety. I am still dealing with slight ringing in my right ear but that could be due to the Lexapro. One thing she said was that it is probably occipital neuralgia - not life threatening but most likely due from

tight neck muscles/ shoulders. I think my head is feeling better from a combo of chiro, massage (find someone who will really get into your neck/shoulders) and the Lexapro.

How are you doing? I know you mentioned you've been under a lot of stress so I feel like this can really cause so many issues to our head.

• Posted

yes, it's an anti-depressant. It is supposed to help with anxiety (which I suffer from, specifically health anxiety)

• Posted

ah ok tnx much....does someone here knows does occipital neuralgia or anxiety headaches can last months? thanks

• Posted

Hi Edward -

To answer your question above, per my doctor the occipital neuralgia can last months, especially when the root cause isn't taken care of. I have been good about going to the chiropractor and trying to get somewhat regular massages. My friend (who does massages) said that my shoulder/neck muscles were some of the tightest she's felt in a long time. My chiropractor also made comment of my shoulders being very tight. My headaches have gone away for the most part - I get my 'normal' tension-type headaches now, and sometimes I still feel that dull pressure on the top of my head but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. I think my Lexapro has really been a large factor in helping that - I am not nearly as focused on it as I was. I also think that the chiro/massages have helped, but also I put a heating pad (not the kind you plug in, but the kind you warm up in the microwave) on my neck every morning. I've also been trying to get a lot more sleep and not stress about things as much - much easier said than done!

How are you feeling? Does your head still hurt and have you done anything that has helped so far?

• Posted

thanks for the reply...my head pressure and ache is the same as before.i will visit my psychiatrist to give me some anti depressant and benzo..ah you mention occipital neuralgia..did you feel that your neck and shoulders are tight? or just your friend told you?

• Posted

Hi Edward -

I can feel my neck and shoulders are tight... mostly my neck, though. I still have issues with my neck feeling stiff but I'm trying to be more mindful of not slouching and my posture when I am at the computer or looking at my phone. I'm sorry you're still having the head pressure/ache! I am glad you're going to your psychiatrist - I hope that helps! Please keep me posted, if you'd like. I know this is incredibly frustrating!

Take Care,

Elizabeth

• Posted

i had this to, after a hypochondriac episode i had head tension that started on the top of my head and now there's pressure on my upper jaw and temples. It feels like my teeth are falling out. I'm constantly dizzy and sleep only does so much. I cant concentrate much anymore. i thought it was sinus but i don't really ever feel congested. Its just annoying and taking over my life. i hope you find something to help it soon

• Posted

hello dean..how long does your head symptoms last??are you now OK already?

• Posted

thank you for your concern, the head symptoms last as long as i'm not moving about or eating, it goes on throughout the days with seemingly no end. A few minutes after waking up are the only times its not there. I feel its a mixture of physical and psychological that cause this symptoms. I've been very depressed about it, feel hopeless. Pretty alone since no seems to experience the same thing. I'm going to tell my GP everything but i'm not too optimistic.

• Posted

i mean how long have you been feeling head ache and pressure..mine started sept 2019 until now..its been almost 6 months now..i think mine have something to do with my neck..the occipital area..because when i massage it with a tennis ball i would get relief for a while..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.