Head pressure and tinnitus going on for a month, i don't know what to do anymore?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm a 30 years old male, who has the last 3 months really weird symptoms that are not going away.

Before i start with my story i need to tell you that I'm taking anti depressants and anti psychotics for the last 2 years.

3 months ago i started to have chest pain, most exactly on my right side, the pain was persistent for 2 weeks after i decided to go to the doctor. After doing every test (EKG, X-Ray of chest, blood pressure, blood tests, urine tests) everything came normal, i am on the paper perfectly healthy.

The doctor said it's probably from the depression and i should talk with my shrink. I went to my shrink and he just said i should take 40 mg of citalopram instead of the 20 mg i was taking. So i did, and the pain in my chest did go away.

After that i started to increase citalopram from 20 mg to 30 mg for a week, then i started to have a headache for a week and i got blurry vision if i was looking at bright lights in the night. For example i would feel really sensitive about lights in the supermarkets. I go immediately to my doctor where she said i should check up my eyes because it's maybe because of that that i have headaches and blurry vision. So i go to the ophthalmologist and they do their tests, and the result came totally fine, my eyes and vision is in perfect condition.

So after that the headache goes away but a mild pressure in my head stays and is persistent. With that i got buzzing in my right ear, like a tinnitus. For a few days i also head totally foggy brain and it was really horrible.

The fogginess went away after few days, but the mild head pressure and tinnitus stayed. After 2 days later i got morning anxiety, something that i never had and it went sometimes over the whole day, sometimes just in the morning. The anxiety went away, but the other symptoms stayed.

So now after a month i still have this mild pressure in my head and buzzing in my right ear. I was again at my doctor, she said it's psychological and doesn't want to send me to any other tests.

What i found out is when i drink 1-2 beers my pressure in my head goes away, but drinking alcohol is not the answer for my pain. Over the weekends when i sleep well and have no work pressure i don't feel the pressure.

Did anybody had similar problems or anything like that? Will i find a cure for my pain?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.