Head pressure as a side effect for a month what should I do?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone smile I am totally new to this site and I hope you guys will be able to help me biggrin

I am Zainab, a 17 year old girl ,I am a white African and an Arab and soon to be a medical student! !yay I know.Anyhow, my ambitions are big ,study ,travel and be a paediatrician like daddy.

A month ago I went to an ENT doctor who prescribed me a mucoram which is ambroxol hydrochloride and finallerg which is an antihistamine and a rhinocort which is a cortisone spray.I had dinner and took my mucoram pill with the spray and went to bed .5 minutes later I had a pressurized mouth roof and I was like blah,then I was hyperventilating and in able to swallow and breathe .I woke my parents up and they didn't believe me unfortunately and thought I had psychological issues.lol .next day I was fine.then third day I was dizzy ,my brain was numb I had panic and suffocation attacks every hour and my balance and coordination was bad I was taken to the doctor and he said that sinusmedications have these effects I had blood and urine tests which all came out fine.and I also had low blood pressure and anywhere i go ill suffocate this continued for a month and a few days .now all is fine except head pressure and brain shiver that won't go away.!!!dad made me an appointment at the neurologist for a ct scan but mom was like no i lost your sister due to wrong diagnosis and stuff .and your uncle died the same way they'll give a tumour u don't have and stuff.and now I am stuck with this pressure and fear of death .Help please . Thank you in advance. And I hope u all get well soon.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I've been getting panic attacks for years now. Some of your symptoms sound like that. When I have anxiety/panic attacks I get shallow breathing, numbness from my toes to my head, heart race, fear of death, and hyperventilation, and shivers right after the attack. Sounds like you have that because your scared of the other thing you might have. Did you have an ear infection cause I have a lightheaded issue and some other sysmptoms going on right now cause of an inner ear infection. I also had a panic attack when I first got lightheaded driving because I was scared of what was wrong with me. But I did get head pressure still from I think the inner ear infection. It's not like a headache, it's like the pressure you get in a plane of you don't pop ur ears.
    • Posted

Thank you Trisha !! How old r u and where r u from ?I don't think I've got a middle ear infection because my ears are not tickely. Can u advice me ?u might be older than me .should I get the scan? I am scared because my brain feels full and has pulse and it look like it respires like my lungs !!!!!I used to have a full body tremor for a month which is gone now.but my brain still has its own tremor.

Waiting for your advice.

• Posted

Hello Zainab,

I can understand your Mum's fears, you don't say what your sister died from, just that you lost her due to a misdiagnosis. It sounds like you're all still suffering from stress over this loss. I believe you should seek counselling, but also have the tests to put your mind at rest. 

You may find, starting a new career, as a doctor, with all this hanging over you, a little difficult. Get some advice now. Talk to your Mum and tell her what you are feeling.

Hope you get help soon.

Pauline

• Posted

Thank you Pauline.Have you ever had sever side effects from a certain medicine?

Thank you once again.

• Posted

Hello Zainab,

I had a stroke 3 years ago. One of the blood thinners I was given didn't agree with me and I had a further TIA. I was put back on Warfarin. I also take tablets for hypertension, epilepsy, more recently I have experienced dizzy spells and  panic attacks. I too lost my sister a year ago and I think they contributed to the latter problems. I'm being treated by my GP and also awaiting counselling, although there is a 5 month delay. 

best wishes 

Pauline

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.