Head pressure for past 6 months :(( please help!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

just as a bit of background, i'm 22, was diagnosed with anxiety a year or so ago, since november i've had this head pressure, i can't think of anything that's triggered it, it was followed by dizziness and spinning too.

i'll explain the feeling:

pressure in entire head, head feels like something is pulling it back and if i tilt it slightly backwards it starts involuntarily bobbing/moving, when my head is looking straight on it doesn't feel right, in certain positions i get a muffled sound in head and ears, head also twitches/shakes sometimes and i feel like my head is never in a comfortable postions, its really getting me down! its all day every day until i go to sleep

its annoying because i have anxiety doctors always point to that but i'm worried about it being something more serious, ive been put on sertraline but that doesn't seem to of made it better or worse so? can anyone help or reassure me? does anyone else get this?? thank you

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Edited

Hi.. I'm having similar too.. but not sure if its related to my stomach issues i've been having or stress..

It started like a week or two after my stomach issues began.. some acid/reflux issues... been having that checked out... but anyway.. I was under a lot of stress during that time... first time i noticed it, it lasted a few days... mild dizzy feeling.. then it went away...

lately though i've had it daily for about 2 weeks... feels like a slight pressure in my head.. some dizziness...

like I said. i dont know if its related to my stomach issues because it started right afterwards.... or if its from the stress I was under from worrying about my stomach and tests etc... but i was definitely under a lot of stress.. still am a bit i guess..

Did you have a CT scan done? and bloodwork

• Posted

thanks for your reply, everything in my blood test was normal, had an ecg done to do with something else and that came back clear, they checked my ears to rule out vertigo aswell,

i think a ct scan may have to be my next request, its just so annoying! i feel like its hard to get listened to because they always relate it to something else, in my case anxiety 😕

• Posted

i had a ct scan.. its not bad.. just the stuff you need to drink is beforehand is bad tasting

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.