Head pressure has gotten worse :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

I posted a thread last weekend about my head pressure that's been going on since be beginning of August. It's been pretty dull and only one side of my head. No other symptoms. This past Thursday my head pressure/pain increased it went from (on a rating scale of 1-10) to about a 5. It feels like someone is squeezing one part of my what's. I notice at times some pressure under my eye behind my eye and my jaw bone sometimes hurts. I'm so scared that it gotten worse. The thing is, is every morning I wake up and there's no pain there at all. Typically it doesn't start until a few hours into my day and by late afternoon early evening it starts getting worse. Friday night it felt the worst at about a 6. I'm so scared and am planning to make a dr appt this week and see about getting a CT scan done. I'm starting to rly worry this is a tumor and not anxiety. I can't relax or rly enjoy life bc I'm so scared that I'm just going to die any day now. Everyone in my life knows I've always been anxious and worried about my health. They all seem so certain it isn't a brain tumor but I need to get some peace of mind for myself. 6 weeks of head pain isn't normal but I do find peace knowing I haven't had any other scary symptoms. Anyone have advice or comforting words? I just feel alone and scared all the time.

1 like, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Lori...there's somerhing called "Pseudotumor Cerebri"... you may want to Google it before your scan. It is NOT an actual tumor, but gives some of the symptoms of having a tumor.

It is treatable, and of course you need a proper diagnosis first. It's just an idea, and no one can diagnose themselves on the internet, but if you find that your symptoms match, then it can't hurt to bring it up with your doctor. I hope you can get some answers very soon and get your treatment underway.

• Posted

Thank you I will look into it. I hope to get some relief soon. I wish something helped to relieve it. As I said this gets worse as the day goes on.
  • Posted

My ear started ringing on the left side and it lasted awhile I'm

So scared isn't that a big sign of tumors

• Posted

No. It isnt. Ringing is extremly common. Comes and goes. Can be from meds or really anything at all. Its a different tinnitus and even then very small chance. The internet makes it a lot more orevelant then it is. .
    • Posted

That is happening to my dad. He went to the drs and it ended up being a sinus infection
    • Posted

Tmj can and does cause it too. 
  • Posted

I think I'm just rly freaking myself out. I'm making myself believe my ear won't stop sounding like it's ringing. My sis in law works in the med field and told me she thinks it's anxiety

• Posted

Hi lori, I am dealing with the same thing, constant headaches which i  got to the point where I went to the emergency to get a CT. My CT was normal but due to this anxiety i'm still not convinced that it can cause all these effects that i am having. I am always crying and afraid to go places alone or even be alone. I have some serious tension and was given some muscle relaxers but so afraid to take them. At nights I am so afraid to sleep, this aniexty has really beat up bad. You are not alone, I pray and wish to become stronger so that I can be myself again. I also pray for all who face anxiety because this is not something you can overcome in one day or a few weeks.

• Posted

Samething with me too. I also sent you a message to see maybe if we can help eachother
  • Posted

Have a doctors appointment today at 4:30. Really nervous and I've noticed my toes and arm feel kind of tingly and I'm so scared now. I need answers if this is rly anxiety then ok but I need to know that I don't rly have a brain tumor I'm so scared guys.

• Posted

Everything will be fine , let us know how your appointment went today
    • Posted

You will be ok. Anxiety from what I have been reading does some strange and scary stuff to people! Keep us updated and good luck
    • Posted

Your right Mindy anxiety does make strange and scary things happen,I still can't convincemy self that it's anxiety. A few week ago I had this crazy pain in my upper right side, I went to get a sonogram that my doctor sent me to take to see if it was my gallbladder, which it was pretty fine. Still I am having this pain when I press down on my ribs and stomach, its driviing me crazy because the pain does not go away. My next step is the gastro to see if its gas or something.

• Posted

Im trying to stop myself from going to the emergency room now. I have had a headache for almost a month and there saying its anxiety. I cant seem to get back to my normal life. Im scared all the time
    • Posted

Hey , I've had a so called "anxiety headache" off and on for almost 7 months after numerous test MRIs and ct scans nothing is wrond says the doctor , but I feel horrible when I get these weird feeling head sensations and aches and pains , I'm always scared and on edge they do come and go , but I'd rather they just go for good ,so trust me I understand what your saying when u say if only you could stop yourself from running to the emergency room , I ran myself there back to back over 8-9 times in the past its hard because you really have it embedded in your mind that something is seriously wrong it sucks and it makes me sad and depressed

• Posted

Did u also feel weak and groggy while u had it. Ugh im losing my mind
    • Posted

I have been complaining of headaches since April, and I did try to stop myself from going  and each time I went to the ER I was given a fat bill, I definitely put my life first but this anxiety can ruin your life. One day your  like i'm good I feel great another day here comes anxiety skipping around the corner messing with your head. This is me almost everyday cry,this is me at night eek, this is anxiety frown.

• Posted

Every thing you say Jenni thats me, God knows how I want to get rid of annoying anxiety.
    • Posted

I'm so tired of this , this is me right now , him so sad, I'll just cry myself to sleep as usual 😢😢😢

• Posted

Yes I feel burnt out and exhausted , I feel.like I hardly have any energy
    • Posted

Jenni have to ever gotten a sharp pain in your breast that never seems to want to leave.
    • Posted

Yes funny you mentioned that , 2 weeks ago I had a mammogram done of both breast and a ultrasound of my left breast , and on the mammorgram theubsaw a lump in my right breast , so they wanted me to come back for a ultrasound of the right breast , which turned out to be a cyst thank god not cancer ,but anyway I get these rapid sharp pains in my breast both sides periodically , not to mention I also get some really sharp rapid gas.pains throughout my body , could be my back, stomach , side , anywhere

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.