Head pressure... HELP IM SCARED

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello everyone 

Just wanting to seek some help and see if anyone has had what I am currently going through. 

About 3-4 months ago I started feeling this weird sensation in my head. It's a pressure feeling, almost like a pulling feeling in my head. It comes and goes and happens in different places in my head. Sometimes it will be across the sides of my head, sometimes on the top back of my head, sometimes at the back of my neck. 

IT IS NOT A HEADACHE. Everything I look up implies its a tension headache but there is absolutely no pain with this it is more of an uncomfortable sensation. It almost feels like my head is being pulled to one side. It comes and goes through out the day. At first I thought it was me needing glasses. I went and got my eyes tested and I did need them. The glasses helped with it at first but now I've had them about two months its still happening. It happens more when I don't have the glasses on but still does happen when I do have them on. 

I might add when this does happen my eyes get a really tired feeling around them. I have also found that sitting my head back as if i was laying down tends to make the feeling go away. 

I have been to my doctor and he gave me a blood test which just resulted in me having to up my iron intake which has been upped for over a month now and nothing has changed.

If anyone could help or suggest anything that would be great. I'm so scared I have something like a brain tumour. I just want to know whats going on with me and make it stop its controlling my life. 

Please help. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hello.  You might have a leak in your spinal fluid especially if you feel better when you lay down.  Did you by chance have a LP or injure yourself?
  • Posted

Hi Melissa I'm afraid nothing will probably be wrong except what my neurologist calls "chronic daily headache" which, to me is NOT a headache as it's a pulsing, moving pressure rather than painful. I have had mine for 5 years now, have had an MRI and been prescribed various meds including Amytriptiline (dangerous side effects) Clonazepam (dangerous side effects) plus various others, all to no effect. It is a neuropathy for which there is probably no cure but my neurologist is persevering. All the meds require you to start off low and build up over weeks until you are on the highest dose, unless you feel better before that. If you don't feel better, then you need to come down off the meds over a period of weeks again. Gabapentin so far has the worst "discontinuation affects" (just another term for withdrawal symptoms. I still haven't been able to fully come off that but it has made another neuropathy that I experience just a little less excruciatingly annoying so I tolerate it. I would suggest relaxation techniques for when it's bad or you may want to try an Ayurveda practitioner, that's my next point of call.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.