Head pressure meditation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone, 

I was foolish enough to think and believe in things that I saw in media that meditation is good so I developed habit to meditate using guided meditations on youtube for over a year ,maybe more. In the beginning I was really feeling good and had nice results from my practice and then strong head pressure occurred and remains in my head for nine months.

I am absolutely certain that is consequence of meditation , I came across hundreds of people suffering same problems of meditation on internet . The problem is that if I go to forums where are people who meditate and share same problems I get mystical explanations like purifying chakras but I really have to find way out of this.

You can’t even imagine what have I tried. I did various medical checks such as MRI and EGG which turned out to be fine.

I also visited many neurologists, I even spoke with guy who was candidate for Nobel prize in neurosciences who told me that this is no consequence of meditation and that I should reduce stress. I have been to chiropractic, craniosacral therapy three times, acupuncture, Reiki, massages you name it . I started with Qigong classes , I can't even remember what else this I tried.. 

I went also to psychiatrist well known one who first thought it was anxiety so she gave me pills for that that didn't work , second guess  was that I am imagining it and she gave pills for psychosis which of course didn't work as well .Eventually she gave me antidepressants that didn't work as well and sent me to bioenergist who didn't help as well .Then I changed psychiatrist who change medicine and I went through hell , pills put me down and I was throwing up every morning and couldn't sleep. I gave up on that and started Ayurveda medicine that didn't work so I stopped that as well.   

I recently met Russian millionaire who told me that he is owner of several clinics in Russian and that  his daughter had suffered from migraines for seven years and they have been to various doctors from US to Japan and eventually Iranian guy here in Serbia helped her, next morning I was in his office. He gave me bunch of cocktails for 500 euros and I all I got was 3 kilos because his pills were full of vitamin B. 

Next is I am seeing guy who has developed machine based on Tesla's idea that measure frequency although I have been to quantum medicine with failure as well . 

The worst is that in moments of desperation my father took to shaman who told me that I am under magic , I never felt so stupid and humiliated in my life. 

Please help I don’t know what to do more

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

wow

do you have a history of headaches

how would you describe your headache? eg. where is it? when do you have it?

does anything make it better or worse? does it affect your everyday life? etc

• Posted

Jemstone,

II don’t have history of headaches.

It is not really headache but more like pressure and it is but common with people who meditate , and unfortunately it last for many years as I can see on internet …The thing is that on internet forums that deal with meditation one cannot have reasonable explanation but rather some mystical claims that is why I posted here in hope that someone with  could provide scientific explanation of the whole situation so I could know what to do 

• Posted

Please anyone ?
  • Posted

Hi Lipfi, it's a very difficult one and not being a GP I can't diagnose anything but I'm certain meditation can't have caused this pressure.

Have you ever thought it could be anxiety related as head pressure is a symptom.

Why don't you ask your GP for a short course of benzo's to see if it relaxes you and the head pressure, if it does then it's anxiety.

You will get yo the bottom of this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.