Head pressure/tingling in temples and base of neck

Posted , 9 users are following.

I'm 21 years old and am in my third and final year of university.

For about a year now I have suffered from horrible pressure feeling that comes from my temples. It wakes me up every morning and makes me unable to concentrate on anything.

On top of this, I get this crawling ant like feeling in my head. It's a horrible feeling as I know I can do nothing about it, and doctors are always too keen to label it as anxiety and send me out of the door.

I have found nothing that can help so far. My symptoms can be relieved slightly by taking codeine/co-Codemal but that is only a short time fix.

I hope someone can help

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I had it last month too. U can Try to relax more, advoid or reduce coffee/coffeine, eat and drink Vitamine or nutrition food, eat 3meals per day regularly, and massage ur temple by ur own to reduce pressure (u can found massage video on YouTube).
    • Posted

I've avoided caffeine for a long time now, need money to pay for a physio/osteopath but I shall remain hopeful
    • Posted

Balance has been a bit off recently, however the hearing is fine. I'll ask the doctor if that is he case!
  • Posted

If you are living away from home whilst at Uni, are you eating take-away food at all? The pressure sounds like a classic reaction to monosodium glutamate which is commonly used in chinese food.
    • Posted

No take away food, my meals are dominated by rice and potato goods
  • Posted

You need a MRI to look for Arnold Chiari Malformation.

Also.. IF it is Chiari... avoiding caffeine is the absolute WORST thing you can do!

Try soaking a towel in ice water and wrapping it around your head like a turban.

Biofreeze or essential oils.... also are helpful... in addition to caffeine LOADING... 

• Posted

The rest of these responses are darn near scary... the pain at the base of the neck is a dead give away for Chiari.

Nothing about a diet is going to help.

• Posted

Hi joe. I suffer from exactly same symothoms as you, im so tired of it.. did you find out anything whats going on???

Cheers x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.