head swaying around and moving ???

Posted , 10 users are following.

Hi

I am having problems with my balance. Walking is difficult feels like I am on a ship on high waves. When I sit with my head un supported I feel like I can't keep it still. So it is exhausting feeling like this. Has anyone else got this symtoms? and does anyone know why this happens? I sometimes feel like there are giant ball barrings moving around in my head. I feel it in bed too. It's so annoying and upsetting. Can anyone else relate to this and explain it

2 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

MAke an appoinment with an ENT Doctor,
    • Posted

But don't be surprised when and if they're not able to tell you what it is.

Just my experience so far 😦 But no harm in asking.

Louise x

• Edited

It is had to describe but like weights are moving around in my head..maybe ball barrings isn't quite the right description.
  • Edited

I know exactly what you mean , been like this since October , was told it was bppv , I feel like I'm on a trampoline trying to steady myself , or on a boat , also feel like there is something moving in my head , hard to explain , and when I'm sitting I still feel like I'm moving and in bed , MRI clear , my doctor is blaming anxiety , but it's not how it started , was fine , woke up October 12 th and wham this hits me ,
    • Edited

I don't think it's caused by anxiety but I think it causes anxiety. I have had this before and had an mri scan but it was clear, consultant said inner ear damage last time. The reason I posted was because I have not read anyone say that they feel they can't keep their head still almost like a head wobble feeling and shifting sensation but your head actually moves and sways around unless it is completely supported and surrounded. I hope you soon feel better
  • Edited

HI

I'm so sorry your going through this, I've been having this problem now for 8 months.  I feel like i'm on a boat 90% of the time, feels like a rocking or swaying sensation, when I'm sitting, standing and laying down.  It drives me crazy,  mine also came out of know where.  At first I thought my BPPV was back, but my ENT did some testing and he says it vestibular dysfunction, so I have to start VRT in March and hopefully it will help my brain to understand where my body is, instead of thinking i'm moving when I'm not.  I can say I also have anxeity disorder, but its normally under control and I believe when this hit the anxiety came back with a vengence.  I also beleive the dizziness (thats what I call it) is the cause of the anxeity,  I mean who wouldn't be anxious about feeling off balance all the time.  I now when I walk sometimes I feel like i'm walking on marsh mellow's and the floor is moving. I also have the feeling like i'm being pushed forward, that drives me crazy, thankfully it only last for a minute.  My dizzienss comes in so many different ways I get worried, but I'm trying not to because the stress and anxiety just makes it so much worse.  I have had some depression lately because my life is not the same now and its hard to get used to.

I don't know if you have been to an ENT but you may want to think about it, at least then you will know whats going on.  

I hope you feel better

Patty

• Edited

You Definitely need to see an ENT or a balance clinic specilaist. Anxiety is the result not the reason. 
  • Edited

Thank you everyone for your answers it is so so kind of everyone to take the time to answer. I know from your answers that many people feel the same about there balance but does anyone feel that their head wobbles or bobs around when they are sat up without head support at times?? Or I'm just wondering if this is just me??
    • Edited

I always feel like there is something moving in my head , if that's what you mean 
    • Edited

And feel like I'm my head moving when I'm sat 
    • Edited

Thank you.. not just me. Quite a relief very grateful for your reply. Thank you x
  • Edited

I have this too. I notice it when sitting still like watching tv. I feel like my head is swaying in a circular motion to the right always! But when I look in a mirror I don't see my head moving. I don't notice it in bed or when I'm active. I've had blood work and a hearing test all normal. I've seen an eye doc was normal. I cannot pop or clear my left ear it's been blocked for close to a year. No ear wax, Saw ENT last summer and was told my ears looked fine but that i had a pin prick hold in the ear I can clear.

I have seen my primary doc who sent me to physical therapist yesterday he ruled out vertigo. He thinks I have tight neck muscles and poor posture putting pressure on nerves in the neck. so gave me some exercises to try for a week. I have no pain nor am I nauseous. I don't ever feel like the room is spinning just my head slightly wobbling around to the right. I am generally a healthy person. What the heck 😩

• Edited

I have been feeling miserable for the past 5 years. The last 3 have been the worse or new symptoms have been worse. All day every day headaches ..motion sickness in my head along with nauseous feeling. My vision is so strange now...if I look somewhere its like Im drifting ..if that makes sense. I can't be at a stop in my car because it feels like Im swaying and my brain gets disoriented and I get that motion sickness. Anxiety ...comes with it. I can'tlook down because I feel everything sways back and forth. Can't look at TV with too much action going on either. My ears hurt my face my neck and shoulders ...my goodness they hurt. All blood work MRI all normal. Waiting for referral for ENT

Suffering so bad. I can't deal any more.

I read up on visual Vestibular and all the symptoms I have. Even when I walk. Can't be in restaurants or stores. Its sad.

• Posted

Hi there 😃

Unfortunately I can't explain it, but I can say that I can relate and totally sympathise with you because I have the exact same symptoms. I have a few theories only because I've scoured the internet reading EVERYTHING I can find! I've been having symptoms for a few years now and nothing's improving. I'm 46 years old.

Can I ask: how are you feeling now? Do you still have those symptoms? Have you found any answers? Have you found anything to help or improve them?

How old are you?

Did you have any surgeries or dental work before the symptoms started (if you can remember that far back)?

I was 'diagnosed' with PPPD = Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness, but I know that there's far more to this than just that - and that doesn't even explain what causes it.

Louise x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.