Head Sweating and Vitamin D

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hello all!  I also suffer with excessive head sweats and a few of other conditions mentioned in others posts, including Fybromyalgia and depression.  Has anyone looked into Vitamin deficiency?  My Drs. are blaming it on Cymbalta.  The sweating is getting so bad I have had to decrease dosage of Cymbalta (which does effect my mood and pain).  Just wondering if any of you have gone the Vitamin avenue.  Thank you!

2 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Im not a 100% sure but I don't believe it is the Cymbalta. I was on that for years and I never had this problem. I went to my Dr and one the dexamethisone was extremely to high for my adrenal gland def so they changed it to .05mg but today I sweated everytime I moved completely soaking wet. So I don't know. Today was the worst it's ever been. Usually when I break out into a sweat and I lay down, it calms down and I usually fine after that,but today like I said it was all day. It's strange how once I have an episode and it goes away then I fine. I m going to email my Dr tomorrow and let her know this is happening and about to day and see what she says. I will keep y'all posted I also have vitamin def and my Dr told me that it is unlikely that that would cause me to sweat profusely like this. I don't have a clue but I'm not giving up yet. There's something causing this and I have to find out why bc this is crazy. I wish it was menopause at least I could blame it on that lol. Not knowing what is causing this is driving me crazy. I'll keep ya posted. 😜 I think with all of us being treated for different things and by different Dr's something or someone has to find something????? The big question is WHAT!?!?!?!

• Posted

I see endocrinologist at MUSC Hospital and she is awesome. I have vitamin Deficincey- vitamin D, B12, Iron, potassium,B1, B6 I give myself B12 injections once a week and I have had 2 iron fusion, I take 50,000 units of vitamin D and the others and went to my endocrinologist last week bc I was swelling along with the sweating and bruising easily so she did my blood work and everything is normal except for my potassium. I'm no longer taking the 1, B6 , iron, and they all came back normal. I know everyone is different but thought I would share my history with y'all. I'm going to email my endocrinologist and let her know that nothing has changed and see what she says. I'll keep y'all posted. 👍😜

• Posted

I'm taking cymbalta 90mg/day. The head and face sweating is very embarrassing and annoying. Have you decreased cymbalta and reduced the sweating? My Dr. Doesn't think the excessive sweating is due to rx. Perhaps anxiety and that's why klonopin .5mg. Works to curb the sweating for a couple hours. Have you tried any other fixes for your sweating?

• Posted

Hello - Yes I have decreased to 20mg. but has had no effect on sweating.  I have also got Vitamins B and D into healthy level - again no change to amount of sweating or when it occurs.  I do take Clonazepam 0.5mg but have not tried to take when outburst occurs.  Not fixes yet - wedding less than 12 weeks away!  Can only hope it is not a warm day........I agree it is most embarrassing - when in the midst I have to have a rag to wipe the sweat.  
  • Posted

Wow! I don't know why I hadn't thought about having my Doc to check for any vitamin deficiencies?!!  THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!!!!!  I have a checkup coming up soon, and I will just totally insist that he order blood tests for me!! LOL!!! I REALLY appreciate you posting that info for everyone who visits this forum to see!! 👍🏼👍🏼😁😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.