Head symptoms... Anxiety?

Posted , 10 users are following.

I've been dealing with head symptoms for almost a year now been thru numerous tests nothing found and Dr's can't seem to figure anything out, my symptoms are, dizziness, swaying inside my head, pressure sometimes sometimes it's so bad it makes me feel sick all over, the only thing that gives me any relief is if I lay down sometimes it will ease up otherwise its there constantly, I'm getting very depressed as I can't work or drive and am terrified that something is horribly wrong with me. Can anyone add any advice or suggestions if anxiety related would be greatly appreciated. Ty

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

dizziness, swaying, head pressure are all very common with stress and anxiety. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had those over many years. All my tests were also normal.

are you going through anything in your life that’s causing you anxiety or stress? Family? Work?

if all your testing was normal then the cause of this is most likely stress and or anxiety. That’s what happened to me. You have to trust the testing. years ago I also thought something was seriously wrong with me. But there truly was nothing wrong it’s just that I had unmanaged anxiety that had built up to the point of creating these sensations. Even to this day I sometimes get the head pressure and lightheadedness but I know that there’s nothing seriously wrong so I just practice my breathing and I listen to great meditations for anxiety that really calm everything down. Feel free to private message me anytime. You’re going to be OK. If you know of something going on in your life that I would suggest getting some counseling and the counselor can help you manage all of this. Try to relax your mind as much as possible. The more you worry about it the more you are going to have those sensations. Have a relaxing evening

• Edited

Hello, I experience very much the same - the awful head pressure and dizziness, sometimes after a day at work my head feels like soup ! Never really suffer with this at weekends when am more relaxed, I just seem to tense up around other people. Does yours feel worst at certain points in the day ? In the morning i feel 'normal' but by about 11am the head pressure starts to build and is worst early afternoon. After a couple of hours of being home the fog seems to disappear....

I have no idea how to stop this, am really effected by the energy (if this makes sense?) of other people, It seems ingrained in my brain. This may not of helped but at least you know you are certainly not alone or going mad...

• Edited

I dont really have a normal time , seems the only relief i get is when i lay down and go to sleep but the minute i wake up its my first thought and i feel the terrible feeling in my head, i had to quit my job due to it which has added extra stress, it feels as though theres constantly an off feeling in my head i spend most days crying and praying for it to go away. God bless you and any other insight is appreciated.

• Edited

Hi, I had an MRI head scan and all came back clear which ruled anything out physically - maybe you also could request the same or to see a Neurologist ? Even though I know nothing is wrong I still experience the problem. Tight head / neck, brain fog and a loss of balance....

• Posted

ive had 2 Mri and have seen 2 neurologist one thought it was migranal but have no headaches the other had no idea, but ty

• Posted

Yeah my anxiety goes up up UP around other people, even if they just come over the house.

• Posted

Sorry to hear this Annette i can sympathise I'm going through exactly the same thing at the moment symptom wise.

How did it start, as in when did you first notice it? Did anything change or happen around that time?

• Posted

Started about a year ago, woke up in middle of night with room spinning very bad but it has changed since then a few times now the swaying and dizziness feel like its the inside of my head not the surroundings. It's been horrible many tests many doctors but no real answers. Would like to hear more about what your going thru maybe we could help each other. God bless

• Posted

Yes mine is similar like you its like its inside my head not the surroundings. outside and big open bright places make it worse. Its like my head is completely jumbled and cant process anything and my senses are just overwhelmed, with a weird painful head and ear pressure that makes me feel a bit queasy all the time. Is just constant at the moment 24/7.

Did you have anything medical happen before it like a vaccine or anything aesthetic? Had you been experiencing any long term stress prior? Yes be good to head more 😃

• Posted

no ive never had anything like this before, no vaccines either it's been a horrible time for me scares me everyday that Dr's are missing something don't enjoy much anymore.

• Posted

hi all

Can I ask is anyone on antidepressants and found the syptoms eased up? I have very simular a very weird head sensation going on the doctor has said its anxiety and I've been given Citalopram just wondered if it helps the light headiness?

• Posted

yes im on anti depressant but no relief from symptoms from all the doctors ive seen none of them have said its anxiety related.

• Posted

Oh I know the swaying sensation.. I have it almost 24/7 except for when I'm asleep (which isn't much) and then for the first, fresh 5 minutes I'm steady.

But then I start thinking.

And the swaying feeling instantly comes back. Like rocking on a boat.

Also, if I wake up in a panic, I feel like a hot liquid crawling up the back of my head. Good times.

ANXIETY

• Posted

I use to feel similar to your symptoms, after i went to 2 meals a day, no sugar , feel a lot better, i skip breakfast and go 12 hours before i eat lunch, doctors definitely don't know everything and if it can't be fixed with drugs they give up

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.